UCLA MSW FALL 2015

esp.msw

yes i accepted. I applied to 3 different schools, but UCLA was always my number one so there is no point in waiting. you have until april 14th to accept/decline. my second option was long beach (i have not heard back yet) but like i said I'm set on UCLA. the price difference is honestly not a huge different (i know CSULA is around 32,000), and with UCLA health insurance is included in the price which is a bonus for those who do not have it.

Hi everyone! Been following this thread for awhile and wanted to wish everyone the best of luck! :)

I've also been accepted by UCLA so I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone who's attending in the Fall! For those who are curious, I was notified on 2/24 and I submit my application on 1/15. I'm still waiting on 4 other schools but UCLA/CSULA were my top 2 choices. I'll be waiting for CSULA's email before I really cave in and accept UCLA's offer. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the ridiculous rent prices in LA :(

We should definitely make a facebook page huh?!

I also support the idea of a Facebook group ^.^

However, how were you all able to accept UCLA's offer so fast? Although I got an email from Lance Fooks saying I have been recommended for admission, there is still no update on the grad admission status check website I was linked to in that email from Lance Fooks.

• 3 weeks later...

For those who have been accepted into the MSW program: in your ePAL, were you awarded any work study or other types of aid besides loans? I was only awarded 1k perkins loan, 20,500 direct unsub loan, and the rest in gradPLUS loan...

That is the exact same for me. However, if you look on the right side of the screen, it should say (at least for me it does) "eligible for work-study", so it makes me think that, when the official financial package comes out in the summer, I/we may have a chance to do some work-study. I wouldn't quote me, but that is how I took it. I would write UCLA if you want a definite answer on that.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone who has gotten a rejection contacted the program to receive feedback on their application? I was told in my letter I could, and have sent a few emails and they haven't replied to any of them. It's insult to injury at this point, given I spent a lot of time, energy and money into my application, GRE, etc. 

Edited by saidypooMSW

Has anyone who has gotten a rejection contacted the program to receive feedback on their application? I was told in my letter I could, and have sent a few emails and they haven't replied to any of them. It's insult to injury at this point, given I spent a lot of time, energy and money into my application, GRE, etc. 

UCLA is awful at getting back to anyone. I've e-mailed and called numerous times, and still didn't receive a response. I've been trying to reach out to them since the beginning of February, but still nothing. It's actually really pissing me off because a friend of mine was accepted when her GRE and GPA were significantly lower than mine, and she has 2 years less experience in the field. I'm itching to know why!! The least they can do is give you an explanation as to why they didn't accept you, after charging a ridiculous application fee. -___- so. annoying.