NYU Silver - Fall 2015 - tracking

I am currently working as a case management agency and working with clients who have mental health issues. (some health issues) It depends on your field and I get individual session once per week and I usually do non-therapy work. classes are roughly 20 students and usually in a small class. I've learned a lot of information in one semester but I just don't like how NYU doesn't have a campus. 

Thank you very much!

I got that and I think two other e-mails before my acceptance e-mail.

Hey monochrome,

Does your Albert still say "Regular Decision" and that they are processing the application? Mine still does but I paid my deposit months ago at this point (on time). No big deal, just wish it would update so I can feel like I'm a student!

You're welcome, Mingus1.

hiclub2 - Thank you! That was helpful.

RiemannForBeginners - Where does yours say it's processing? Mine says Regular Decision under Notification Plan, but I don't see processing anywhere.

Right above! Under Application Status: The Silver School of Social Work is processing your application. Below you will see the credentials we expect to process for your application and the processing status of each item. Be aware that while items may be in our office, it may take several weeks before credentials are actually processed and reflected on the checklist."

You're welcome, Mingus1.

hiclub2 - Thank you! That was helpful.

RiemannForBeginners - Where does yours say it's processing? Mine says Regular Decision under Notification Plan, but I don't see processing anywhere.

hello all! i was wondering the same thing as Mingus1 -- is that welcome email ("Visit our vibrant community" etc) an automated message that is sent to all applicants? or should we be taking it as a good omen, as it comes from a faculty member? 

all thoughts would be appreciated!

Hi all, 

I got the email saying I got in to the NYU 2-year program :) 

To help, these are the emails I received. I'm not sure if everyone gets these, but someone asked, so I'll give what I have:

a thank you for applying email, monitoring your app, introduction to the admissions office, the dual degree options at Sarah Lawrence, welcome from the Dean, visit the school, and finally, my decision letter.

Good luck everyone! Hope to see some of you in the fall.

I wonder when they'll let us know about FAFSA. Anyone have any info on that?

Hi all,

I got the email saying I got in to the NYU 2-year program :)

To help, these are the emails I received. I'm not sure if everyone gets these, but someone asked, so I'll give what I have:

a thank you for applying email, monitoring your app, introduction to the admissions office, the dual degree options at Sarah Lawrence, welcome from the Dean, visit the school, and finally, my decision letter.

Good luck everyone! Hope to see some of you in the fall.

Congratulations and thanks for the info! Did you apply by early decision deadline or regular decision deadline?

Hello all! I have also applied to NYU and Fordham. I applied to NYU on January 7th regular decision and I haven't heard back from them. I have also received the same emails as you all. I've called and they have told me to expect a decision sometime this week or next as they make decisions on a rolling basis. I'm hoping to get in to the program but from what I'm reading, they have already started admitting people. I'm becoming anxious. For Fordham decision letters I was told I will know by the first week of March. Also my NYU application still says processing. Good luck to everyone still waiting and congrats to the people who have got accepted. 

Hello all! I have also applied to NYU and Fordham. I applied to NYU on January 7th regular decision and I haven't heard back from them. I have also received the same emails as you all. I've called and they have told me to expect a decision sometime this week or next as they make decisions on a rolling basis. I'm hoping to get in to the program but from what I'm reading, they have already started admitting people. I'm becoming anxious. For Fordham decision letters I was told I will know by the first week of March. Also my NYU application still says processing. Good luck to everyone still waiting and congrats to the people who have got accepted.

Thank you for the info! It is so thoughtful of you to share what you were told in your phone call. I applied the same time you did and I've been wondering when we might receive the decision. Good luck and thanks again!

Mingus, I applied on January 9th. I was very surprised to hear back so soon, but I'm thankful I did.

I also got my scholarship information today. It's not as much as I had hoped. But it'll help.

Did anyone else get their scholarship info?

I visited NYU and Fordham a few weeks ago. The man I spoke to at NYU said FAFSA information doesn't usually get sent out until April. He also said the estimated amount given to you after you fill out the FAFSA is typically the amount you get for that loan.

Mono,

April?! Am I allowed to extend my decision until then because financial aid packages/scholarships are most likely going to make my decision for me.

I heard somewhere that schools legally have to give you until mid-April to submit your intent to register. Does anyone have any clarifying info on this?

Also, four weeks is not nearly enough time to decide whether or not I'm moving across the country. I definitely need more time.

izzyb - I wouldn't start to worry yet (easier said than done as I was so anxious), but I applied in the very beginning of December and just heard back on Wednesday. I'm not sure of their formula for which applications they view first, etc, but many people who applied after me were starting to get accepted and it is nerve-wracking, but dont give up hope!!!

"No news is good news" is the theory everyone keeps sharing with me. Good luck!!!

And Thanks Riemann!!!

MSWhopefulCT - Congrats!! And thank you for the advice! I applied Jan 9th so hopefully I'll know by next week. I am so anxious! I keep on checking my email, but I have to remember that "no news is good news" :) 

Hi All,

I was accepted to NYU as well and I'm strongly considering it, but the financial aspect is what is holding me back. Those of you that have decided to attend NYU, how will you be paying for it? I know living expenses in NY are crazy expensive as well! I appreciate any input in advance!

Hi All,

I was accepted to NYU as well and I'm strongly considering it, but the financial aspect is what is holding me back. Those of you that have decided to attend NYU, how will you be paying for it? I know living expenses in NY are crazy expensive as well! I appreciate any input in advance!

Congratulations! When did you apply?