NYU Silver - Fall 2015 - tracking

Sure, here is the link to the main new student group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/nyusssw/.

And this is the 2017 class group that I found: https://www.facebook.com/groups/208491365984923/.

MSWHopeful, I hope it all works out and maybe we'll see each other at NYU!  Best of luck!

the first one doesn't work

the second one-- accept my pending request please everyone! :)

I've been reading your responses and appreciate you explaining your process. I actually applied to both NYU and Fordham. I have a quick question, when you did your statements did you word the paragraphs in the order of the questions? I'm applying to other schools and worried about the importance of the order of answering the questions. lol

Nope. In both of my personal statements, I answered the questions out of order. I put them together in a way that they would flow instead. :)

mingus1 - Congrats!!! when did you apply? :)

Hey! Wondering if you heard anything from NYU? I've just gotten an email about financial aid and scholarships but still nothing about being accepted or not. Have you been getting various emails about the school and learning more about it and the program?

Hey! Wondering if you heard anything from NYU? I've just gotten an email about financial aid and scholarships but still nothing about being accepted or not. Have you been getting various emails about the school and learning more about it and the program?

I have! And I got accepted mid January! :)

I just got the email about financial aid last week, as well as the other various emails from the dean and the program! I applied just before the deadline and am nearing the end of the 7th week so Im hoping to hear soon! When did you apply?

I just got the email about financial aid last week, as well as the other various emails from the dean and the program! I applied just before the deadline and am nearing the end of the 7th week so Im hoping to hear soon! When did you apply?

I submitted my application jan 8 but I talked to admissions today and I was told that the application was complete until the 20th so it hasn't been the full 6-8 weeks. The woman I spoke told me to wait a few more weeks and that my applications under review but I really wish they would hurry and let me know so I can begin planning and moving!! Do you think they send the emails to everyone who applied? 

I submitted my application jan 8 but I talked to admissions today and I was told that the application was complete until the 20th so it hasn't been the full 6-8 weeks. The woman I spoke told me to wait a few more weeks and that my applications under review but I really wish they would hurry and let me know so I can begin planning and moving!! Do you think they send the emails to everyone who applied?

Makes sense! I submitted mine on the 7th so we're probably right around the same timeframe! I think I read either here or in a different thread that people recieved similar emails! Hopefully we'll here from them soon! I know that if I get in I'll have so much planning to do as far as money and moving goes!

Makes sense! I submitted mine on the 7th so we're probably right around the same timeframe! I think I read either here or in a different thread that people recieved similar emails! Hopefully we'll here from them soon! I know that if I get in I'll have so much planning to do as far as money and moving goes!

I hope we get in! NYU is my first choice and I'm really hoping to be able to go. I really need to figure out where I'm going to live and I'm going to need to find a job so I hope we hear back soon so I know what I'll need to plan for.

Hi all!

I've also applied/gotten accepted to NYU. There's an 80% chance I'm going there and I need to find roommates/rental apartments...where do you think I can do this?

Craigslist! I am from NYC and the vast majority of apartments for rent/people looking for roommates are listed on craigslist. I have found so many nice places through brokers posting on craigslists and also people searching for an extra roommate in their apartment. It's the only way to go!

Craigslist! I am from NYC and the vast majority of apartments for rent/people looking for roommates are listed on craigslist. I have found so many nice places through brokers posting on craigslists and also people searching for an extra roommate in their apartment. It's the only way to go!

Thanks! I've also heard that Craigslist can be a sketchy source to use sometimes. Any tips on how to avoid the sketchy ads?

Ya it can be for some things, but specifically in NYC it is the top way to find apartments. Brokers post most of their apartments on there, so it could be a lot more difficult if you don't use it. If you find an ad about people looking for a roommate (which I have done before) and you are worried, just ask them if you can meet up at Starbucks or something first.

Hey! I haven't heard anything yet :/ but I did get an email about financial aid! I got a little too excited. But yes, I have been getting a lot of emails. I really hope we hear from them soon! NYU is my top choice!

Hey! I haven't heard anything yet :/ but I did get an email about financial aid! I got a little too excited. But yes, I have been getting a lot of emails. I really hope we hear from them soon! NYU is my top choice!

Hey! Have you heard from NYU?