LOR Question

susieq7975

Currently I have letters from a well known PI- head of the department, a postdoc, and a staff scientist at a biotech company. Would it hurt my application if all three are not tenured professors? I feel like the three I chose know me really well so they can write strong letters, but I can try asking a professor and the CSO of the biotech company. 

Only one of my LORs was tenured, the other two were assistants. They both had solid publications so I think that means more than whether or not they're tenured. The quality of the letter obviously matters too.

I was told numerous times that you shouldn't ask letters from postdocs or other people. That they only take letters from professors/PI's/Lab heads seriously. I was told this by some admissions people at Berkeley, so I think it's fairly serious. I'm sure you have professors from your undergrad who can write you strong letters