What is recommender address or his/her title or position in Stanford Application

john888

I was trying to fill out the graduate school application for graduate school. However in recommender info part it asks me to enter the address, city, institute and title or position but I wonder what they are? should I enter the university address? is title or position like assistant or full professor ? I would be very appreciated if anyone can help me with that

Hey I'm working on this today, too! I went with their university address (so like, what they include in their email signatures, or what is entered in the university directory as their "location"), and for "title/position" I said "Assistant Professor, Director of Undergraduate Studies" or "Professor" or whatever the directory lists them as. Definitely look in the directory, as some people have fancy titles you might not know about (e.g., "Smith Family Distinguished Professor"). Hope this helps!

Edited by wuglife427

Yes, title/position is either Assistant Prof, Associate Prof, or Professor. You can put fancy titles like the Jane A. Smith Professor of Physics, but not really necessary.

Address is either the University (or research institution) address or the department address. I usually just go for the University/institution address.