Rewriting a SOP

I'm reapplying again this year.  Does anyone have any advice about rewriting my SOP?  I've had an extra year of experience, so what should I focus on in my SOP this year?  Last year I mainly focused on why I wanted to study SLP, why I would be great, what I was doing to prepare for this (such as volunteer work, my place of employment, etc.).

Those are generally good things to include -- I would also recommend at least a couple of sentences about why you want to attend each individual school. Do they have a professor whose work you admire, a special concentration or speciality you're interested in? Make them know that you've done your research and you want to be in THEIR program. Also, be personable! Let them see a little of your personality, and be creative about it. It doesn't have to take up a lot of your letter, but if you include a short blurb about the epiphany that lead you to be interested in the field, or the client that changed your perspective, they're likely to see your personality and go for that. Remember, they probably read a lot of impersonal SOP's, and showing that you're more than a GPA and some test scores is always a good move. Good luck!