SIPA 2015

Congrats to all accepted! @Akueldo was this update posted at the same time or did you get a second email about it? Nothing in my letter about it and the accepted student site says under "Resources" that fellowships would be mentioned in the acceptance letter :/

I got just the one email, but I have two letters on my status page. One is the acceptance letter, and the other is the funding. They were both there at the same time, I think.

hi all.. just heard back from the Admission Committee.. Any fellowships if awarded, would have been mentioned in the admission letter itself.. Besides only 10% of the first year MPA-DP student are awarded scholarships... 

I emailed funding office,

If you were awarded a fellowship, you would have received a letter today.  If you didn't receive notification, then unfortunately we weren't able to offer you an award at this point.

Still happy but :( man it's expensive 

So happy for and proud of everyone who was admitted! I was rejected, but that's ok by me as I knew it was a reach school for me anyway and wasn't my top choice. Congrats to everyone and best of luck making the final decisions!  :D

Congrats everyone who got admitted! Seems like SIPA gives out generous funding  :wub:

@thepeople I spoke to admissions over phone yesterday, the emails are being sent out on a rolling basis. You'll hear from them by today or tomorrow mostly. So relax! :) 

Got in. The letter says they will let us know about "possible sources of financial aid" in a few weeks. I guess this means I haven't been awarded funding and they will try to sort me out with external aid?

I think no matter what happens, it's good to know you're Ivy League material.

Edited by Shravanbhat

did anyone get their Columbia ID on their admit letter? the admitted student page says we should have it but I don't see it anywhere...

According to the website: "Approximately one month after you accept your admission offer and submit your tuition deposit, you will be provided with a university network ID ("UNI") via the Columbia computing website. Your UNI is your Columbia University email address and will allow you to access student websites. For more information, please visit http://uni.columbia.edu/"

Hi, have been off the forum for long.

I got an application update yesterday, offering a 34k funding offer across two years. I'm not sure if the amount will help me much though, fingers crossed for remaining universities.

Looking at the posts here, it seems a lot of us got funding, congratulations all! 

And congrats to all who got accepted. :D 

I was an early decision acceptance, and I have not got a UNI yet..

On this forum, I've read a lot about how Fletcher takes a personal interest in the accepted students and how SIPA is impersonal. I on the other hand have got frequent mails from SIPA, with a current student as well as an alumna working in similar fields emailing me personally and putting me through to relevant people at the school. I have zero news from Fletcher since the acceptance. This is interesting! Any one else seen this different practice?

Any idea if the International Fellows Programme decisions are out as well? 

On this forum, I've read a lot about how Fletcher takes a personal interest in the accepted students and how SIPA is impersonal. I on the other hand have got frequent mails from SIPA, with a current student as well as an alumna working in similar fields emailing me personally and putting me through to relevant people at the school. I have zero news from Fletcher since the acceptance. This is interesting! Any one else seen this different practice?

Tufts Fletcher School stuff:  U.S. applicant here. I received a personalized email in mid-February from Fletcher saying they enjoyed reading about x, y, and z in my application. I was quite impressed they went to such a personal touch. I wrote a reply and got a nice reply back. No other news on admissions from them since then, but judging by their blog we will know very soon.

Got accepted to Columbia SIPA. :) It's the first of six grad admissions decisions I've received, so I'm really happy for the sake of my fragile ego in this process that the first was a "yes"!

No word on funding, and there is no extra link to a funding package on my acceptance letter or on the application site. I will contact them before the week is out and see if there is any hope for last-minute funding, although I think other posters above me have done so and received a negative response.

Edited by ir_gradstudent

Sigh. I didn't apply to Columbia SIPA (or any other schools, to be fair) this cycle due to personal circumstances.

Reading all your happy acceptance posts is making me slightly jealous! :P

Anyhow, congrats to all those who got in! Job well done!

Hi

had anyone heard about scholarships yet from SIPA? I know the admission letter states that in few weeks they will send information about financial aid. Today I also received an email about possible sources of scholarships to apply for. But no news of scholarships. Are scholarships announced in the admission letter itself?