Am I screwed? GRE Test date Nov. 21st and deadline Dec. 1st

Psych_Mom_15

Like, I really need this added stress right now! One school stated anytime before Nov. 26th would be enough time for my scores to post on time. However, I keep reading that I should've taken the GRE in October or the first week of November.

So, do I have a chance to make the Dec. 1st deadline?

It takes about a week to 10 days for the analytical writing to be scored, then about 10 days after you order for them to send the scores to schools (although I think ETS says this long to have a cushion, it's all sent electronically so once you pay it should be pretty fast).

You should contact any Dec. 1st programs and ask if you can send them a copy of your score report for now because you're concerned the official scores won't get to them on time. Make sure you plan what programs you want to use the 4 free score reports so you can fill that info in right after your exam, so those scores are sent ASAP.

Like, I really need this added stress right now! One school stated anytime before Nov. 26th would be enough time for my scores to post on time. However, I keep reading that I should've taken the GRE in October or the first week of November.

So, do I have a chance to make the Dec. 1st deadline?

Who is telling you that you are screwed?  

The short answer:  yes.  You will view your raw scores at the end of the test (after you have accepted the test).  You can report those, except for AW, and I have yet to see an application that asks for AW.  

Another answer:  many programs that have a Dec. 1. deadline only use that deadline for the application; it is typical to allow another month for application materials to come in.  But I would contact the program to be sure. 

Answer #3:  I have taken the GRE coughgogg$$bleepmorethanoncefreck##ahem.  Your scores will be available to view rather quickly.  They also get sent out rather quickly, too.  

I got my last scores in exactly 7 days. You can self-report your Q and V on your application. You should be fine. 

Either way, it would be a nice gesture to call the admissions office and let them know your actual score report will be coming in a tad late. They're humans. They might want to put a post-it on your file or something. 

If it makes you feel better, last year I took the GRE one day closer to the deadline than you, and everything was fine. I did call the departments just in case, and they all said it would be no problem at all even if they get the scores a few days late. Good luck!