Canadian Audiology 2015 Thread

audiplease

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was accepted into UBC and Western's audiology program for fall 2015. If you have any questions about applications for next year, please feel free to send me a message. I have a lot of experience with the application process.

Hi guys! I want to apply to uwo and ubc next year for Audiology but it seems so competitive! What are the marks like for getting in? And as well on uwo's site they say that the last two years of study are included in the gpa...so does this mean they dont look at the overall gpa? and are the prerequisites included in the 10 full year courses they look at???

Hi guys! I want to apply to uwo and ubc next year for Audiology but it seems so competitive! What are the marks like for getting in? And as well on uwo's site they say that the last two years of study are included in the gpa...so does this mean they dont look at the overall gpa? and are the prerequisites included in the 10 full year courses they look at???

Hello bee92,

Audiology is a very competitive program. This year UBCs school of audiology and speech sciences received 130 application only 12 students get admitted into their audiology program. I am not sure how many applications Western received this year, however, it usually averages to be about 100 applicants. Both UBC and Western look at what they call your SubGPA which is the last 10 credits of your undergraduate course work. However, they do also calculate your CumGPA which is your cumulative GPA score over your entire undergraduate career. Both schools only look closely at your SubGPA. Most students who get accepted into the program have an average SubGPA of a 3.6 (on a 4.0 scale). The prerequisites are in a category of their own, however, often students take these courses within the last 2 years of their undergraduate and therefore they will be included in the SubGPA.

Hope this helped answer your questions.