Small/Less presitigious colleges-worth going?

KristiBoom

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering how everyone here feels about the less prestigious colleges for social work.

I personally want to go to school in the Pacific Northwest, it's where my family is and I don't want to be too far away from them. But this really limits my options. I'm of course going to applying to University of Washington and Portland State University, but they have reasonablly low acceptance rates.

So my question is, are small social work schools like Easter Washington University really worth it? I haven't heard much about them, and they aren't ranked high at all. But they do have the benefit of smaller class sizes, which is always nice, and the are certified.

Anyone here have stories about lower ranking schools that can help me?

Thanks!

I am a native of the PNW, and I just started at EWU in September. My largest class is maybe 30 people, and that is for my practicum prep class. The whole cohort is about 55 students. The small size has been great to be able to really get to know the other folks in my cohort. Let me know if you have other questions!