Fall 2015 Acceptances (!)

Well, with the advent of my conditional acceptance to Cambridge, it seems I have been assigned the duty of starting an acceptances thread for our little GradCafe cohort! I'm not sure how this works, but here goes nothing. :) I'll update my list as results come in.

Schools applied to:

Cambridge - accepted! No funding info yet.

Oxford - ?

Berkeley - ?

Cornell - ?

Harvard - ?

Yale - ?

As I said to Wyatt's Torch, I can't wait until we are all doing our happy I-got-in dances!

Edited by hreaðemus

Congrats!

Sending all the good vibes to all of you! And try not to freak out (too much!) if it takes a while to hear from schools. I didn't hear from my first school until end of January and the last school contacted me in like May lol (well, there was one school that never contacted me, but I just like to pretend that was an anomaly haha). So that whole thing about patience being a virtue is definitely something worth hanging onto for the next seven months or so.

• 2 months later...

Congratulations to all, in advance!! *^^* This will certainly be a joyful time!! (IF I don't post a congrats to every single one of you, do know I mean it in my heart! We all know how bloody-hard we've all worked, so...drinks all around! [raises glass])

I wonder why the acceptance from UI-Urbana-Champaign came in so early; it's about a month earlier than last year. Not that I'm complaining; I want to hear from some school as soon as possible.

Yes, that's why I was questioning if it was real or not. Seems pretty egregiously early.

I wonder why the acceptance from UI-Urbana-Champaign came in so early; it's about a month earlier than last year. Not that I'm complaining; I want to hear from some school as soon as possible.

It looks like someone got accepted there for Communications and Media too, so maybe their non-STEM decisions are just coming a bit early? Or maybe that applicant was super-duper special... at any rate, we'll see soon if it's a trend or an anomaly!

I remember from the year I applied that there was a super early UIUC admit.  I think they have some sort of fellowship that requires early notification and some action on the part of the admit to further apply for it.  I could be misremembering that last part, but I definitely remember that there was a lone (or maybe two?) UIUC early admits and then a whole bunch of them several weeks later.

I have just been accepted to my top choice, University of Kent in Canterbury, UK. So incredibly excited!

Best of luck and many congratulations in advance! I am sure this space will be bursting with lots of wonderful news soon! :)

I'm fairly confident the Urbana acceptance is from the guy I told you guys about earlier in December. I think he's just now posting it. But if not, congrats to whoever it may be!

Edited by TeaOverCoffee

Temple acceptance posted...  :ph34r:

A system of posting etiquette should be established! Post acceptances in English forum first for your loyal and supportive fans, then let the gradcafe members of those other filthy practical disciplines see your accomplishments.