Honest Living Wage

Falgore

I'm considering going into the field of neurobiology and I was wondering, do positions in neuroscience provide the opportunity for people to make a comfortable living? I would not want to provide all my effort/time to something that cannot even place food on my table. Just wondering.....  I look at various sites and I never like reading "Top 10% make X Amount" etc...etc. I know my love of science trumps any amount of money but I have to be honest with myself and ask, will be allow me to live comfortably....thank you for your time. 

It all depends on what time of position. In general, a position as a professor or industry researcher will provide you with a comfortable salary. What are your career interests (if you know, that is)?

I think in general that neuroscience will provide a decent salary but it all depends on your own standards of living and location (COL varies city by city, state by state).  Where I live in Maryland you might be struggling to make ends meet off the bat, however ten years from now you could be sitting pretty.  In Wyoming, you might live like a king within one year.