Chance to Get into Top Stats Programs?

szho2607

Hi everyone, I am an international student from China. I am currently in UC Berkeley, Econ major. 

My overall GPA is 3.5/4.0. GRE: V 147; Q 167; AW 3.5 (I know, I should retake it). I have two questions: 

1. I am applying to Stanford , Columbia , UCLA, UCSD, UC Davis for Statistics MS. And IDE Program in Yale. With my current GRE score and GPA, is it possible for me to be admitted to any of these schools? 

2. Also, most deadlines are 2/2/15. So what will be the latest date for me to retake GRE? One of my friend told me that the latest date would be two weeks before the deadline. Is this true? 

Any reply and suggestion would be appreciated! Thank you so much! 

For what concerns the GRE, yes, the very last day is about two weeks before the deadline, but give yourself a little margin, it is a good habit I think.

For what concerns your chances, your GPA is a little low for those top schools, but it could still be OK depending on the rest of your application. What matters I think is which classes are bringing the GPA down. Anyway I suggest you also apply to other schools or go for a Master first. Good luck!

For what concerns the GRE, yes, the very last day is about two weeks before the deadline, but give yourself a little margin, it is a good habit I think.

For what concerns your chances, your GPA is a little low for those top schools, but it could still be OK depending on the rest of your application. What matters I think is which classes are bringing the GPA down. Anyway I suggest you also apply to other schools or go for a Master first. Good luck!

Thank you for suggestion! I think I should also apply to other schools.  :)

Another question: Normally how long does it take for the schools to get the scores? I mean after ETS send out my scores? Thanks a lot!