University of Michigan MSW Applicants

LotusInABox

received my financial aid notification from UMich this morning. it's under the name "SSW MI OPPORTUNITY GRANT" and it's for $3,000 per semester (with the spring/summer of 2016 counting as one). 

Did you apply for a Work-Study? I was just reading my info and came across this: "Most students may also be eligible for a Federal Perkins Loan (not to exceed $500) and/or a Work-Study award ($3,000) for two (2) semesters." Just curious since I didn't apply for work-study and received the 500/semester.

Edit: Looks like my aid is from "NR-SSW MI SCHOLAR PROGRAM."

Edited by Nochal

@Nochal and @ theatricalmadi When did you both apply? I'm still waiting on my financial aid package, which I was told I'd receive by March 1st. When I contacted the OFA they said they were only just starting to review applications this week.(!) What do you think, should I contact the SSW?

Hey all! 
I applied January 16th, 2015. Wondering if anyone who applied around that time has heard anything. I have a feeling I didn't get accepted -- my wolverine access page says Application Complete and someone on here mentioned that it means I probably got denied or waitlisted.
I also don't seem as qualified as the people on here who are getting accepted! Hah.
Congrats to everyone!
Ali

Hi Ali,

My Wolverine Access page said "Application Complete" for about a month and a half and while I had the application in on December 1st, I didn't have a recommendation in until around Jan 10. Then 2 weeks ago, I saw an acceptance decision. I wouldn't give up just yet. Best of luck!

@Nochal and @ theatricalmadi When did you both apply? I'm still waiting on my financial aid package, which I was told I'd receive by March 1st. When I contacted the OFA they said they were only just starting to review applications this week.(!) What do you think, should I contact the SSW?

i applied for the dec 1 deadline. i don't think it would hurt to contact them, but i wouldn't worry just yet! it seems like everybody is a little late this year

Still no news of finaid today for me. I did visit the campus this weekend and was at the office of student services yesterday - I think they are really just starting on everything this week: financial aid, work study, special programs, fellowships, etc.    I also looked back at the threads here for 2014 and 2013 and it seems like there have been problems in the past with U-M promising a certain date but being a little late on that. So still hope for those who haven't heard.  Fingers crossed for the rest of us this week!

My application was submitted November 4th and I knew I wasn't going to hear back until the December 1st deadline. I ended up getting the View Decision link on December 19th and then I received the email a couple days later. Since U-M was the only place I planned on applying to, I figured my best chance of ensuring acceptance was applying very early. 

Awesome!

Hey! Wanted to see if you had heard anything from Coverdell yet - judging by this thread it looks like some financial and fellowship decisions are coming out.

Hey! Wanted to see if you had heard anything from Coverdell yet - judging by this thread it looks like some financial and fellowship decisions are coming out.

I have heard nothing!  :wacko: How about you?!

@chabuta...Don't count yourself out, I applied January 26 and received my acceptance notice on Feb 16. By the standards of the people in this group, I'm not qualified either. My cum wasn't either a 3.0. I have a lot of SW experience, but that's it. Its a gruesome wait....but it might turn out in your favor. My application said complete for a week, and then I saw the view decision option, and I was accepted. Keep hope alive!

@dayoungvsu Thanks so much! I suppose I will hang tight and just keep trying to be patient. I got accepted to Case Western which is also a really good program, so whatever happens is fine at this point :) Thanks so much for the encouragement!
Ali

Hey everyone, I interviewed on the phone Tuesday. How long did it take for other people to find out? Also, I think my interview did not go well. I felt fine before but on the phone, it was like I just melted. Did anyone else interview but got accepted? I don't know if I was that terrible or I'm just being overly critical about myself.

Has anyone heard anything about financial aid? I've been refreshing Wolverine Access way too much, I'm so anxious... 

I know - I feel like I check it every 10 minutes and it is driving me crazy!  I think 2 or 3 people on this forum heard Tuesday and no one else has said anything since. I haven't heard a thing. Michigan told me we'd know before the 15th but that was as specific as they got.

I know - I feel like I check it every 10 minutes and it is driving me crazy!  I think 2 or 3 people on this forum heard Tuesday and no one else has said anything since. I haven't heard a thing. Michigan told me we'd know before the 15th but that was as specific as they got.

Glad to know I'm not the only one mindlessly refreshing! If I see "no self-service access for this aid year" one more time...  The 15th is good to know, thanks! 

I contacted the financial aid office and they said that they were just starting to review applications this week. It would take about two weeks to put together the federal aid package. The guy I spoke with also mentioned that OFA still hadn't received any scholarship notifications from SSW yet (this was Tuesday). I tried contacting the GASP program to see if they extended their timeline, but no word. I get the sense that they're taking a little longer for the scholarship decisions. Hopefully we'll hear about financial aid soon!

Hey guys how were you notified, for those who have already received financial aid packages? Was it through an email or just on wolverine access? I went on wolverine today and basically the financial aid thing is set up, but there are no awards just lots of zeros. :-(

Hey guys how were you notified, for those who have already received financial aid packages? Was it through an email or just on wolverine access? I went on wolverine today and basically the financial aid thing is set up, but there are no awards just lots of zeros. :-(

i just logged on here to ask the same  thing. I logged onto Wolverine a few hours ago and FINALLY there was a change to fin aid but like you, all 0s.  I logged on again later and it was still all 0s but the format was different so I'd like to think they are working on it now... it says what I am expected to pay per semester but says 0 for awarded.  Is that similar to what you see?? Siigh we're driving ourselves nuts here.

It's been 2+ weeks since I saw my decision on Wolverine Access but I still haven't received anything official by email. Should I let them know?  I'm also wondering if I would have heard anything from the Global Activities office at this point for GASP. This is frustrating.