University of Michigan MSW Applicants

LotusInABox

i just logged on here to ask the same  thing. I logged onto Wolverine a few hours ago and FINALLY there was a change to fin aid but like you, all 0s.  I logged on again later and it was still all 0s but the format was different so I'd like to think they are working on it now... it says what I am expected to pay per semester but says 0 for awarded.  Is that similar to what you see?? Siigh we're driving ourselves nuts here.

Mine is doing the exact same thing and it keeps changing throughout the day. Haha. Okay this makes me feel better. I think they may just be prepping the system to load information? I hope!!!

@Kitso @likethewitch haha okay phew there is still hope for all of us! I know the healthiest thing would be to stop checking this forum and Wolverine access but I just can't stop!!  Well maybe we'll get good news before the end of the day and we can return here to celebrate :) Do you both think you'll be most likely attending UMich in the fall and are just waiting on the finaid? That's the boat I'm in!

@Kitso @likethewitch haha okay phew there is still hope for all of us! I know the healthiest thing would be to stop checking this forum and Wolverine access but I just can't stop!!  Well maybe we'll get good news before the end of the day and we can return here to celebrate :) Do you both think you'll be most likely attending UMich in the fall and are just waiting on the finaid? That's the boat I'm in!

Me too! I would love to go to Michigan, but like a true adult I am basing all my decisions around money! $!$!$ haha, but really.

Me too! I would love to go to Michigan, but like a true adult I am basing all my decisions around money! $!$!$ haha, but really.

Same, it's my number one school but if I don't get good financial aid I can't justify the cost :( You'd think that social work programs of all things wouldn't make tuition this unattainable...

I received an email yesterday concerning financial aid. There is nothing on Wolverine access so I would not waste time obsessively checking it like I was. I only received $3,000 per semester which is better than nothing, but still leaves me about $51,000 I'm supposed to pay out of pocket.. I graduated this past fall with a BSW and 3.72 GPA.

Hey everyone, I interviewed on the phone Tuesday. How long did it take for other people to find out? Also, I think my interview did not go well. I felt fine before but on the phone, it was like I just melted. Did anyone else interview but got accepted? I don't know if I was that terrible or I'm just being overly critical about myself.

Hi. I also interviewed with them yesterday, I was just wondering how long did they say it would take to hear back, they told me 3 to four weeks. :/ Which is a bit annoying on my part since I finished the application Dec. 16.  And about a month ago I found out they misplaced one of my letters or rec that my prof. mailed but found it a pile in which it shouldn't have been in. The waiting is killing me. lol. Im sure your interview didn't go as horrible as you thought it did. I hoping we hear back soon! 

Hi. I also interviewed with them yesterday, I was just wondering how long did they say it would take to hear back, they told me 3 to four weeks. :/ Which is a bit annoying on my part since I finished the application Dec. 16. And about a month ago I found out they misplaced one of my letters or rec that my prof. mailed but found it a pile in which it shouldn't have been in. The waiting is killing me. lol. Im sure your interview didn't go as horrible as you thought it did. I hoping we hear back soon!

I did not ask how long, honestly. I am sorry. I was feeling disempowered by the end but, all they said was that they would review it as soon as possible. I hope it wasn't as bad as I think. The phone connection was just not good for some reason and it made it frustrating and nerve-wrecking but I'm keeping my fingers crossed Edited by Bear sweetest

Hey everyone I just watched this open house for admitted students from last year and it had a lot of answers to many of the questions everyone here has (including financial aid and admissions decisions dates). It's kind of long, but worth watching in my opinion. Also there is one for this year scheduled to occur on 27 March at 12:00 Eastern. Here is the link to last year's recording:

http://ssw.umich.edu/events/list/2014/03/28/41098-virtual-open-house

I just got my financial aid notification, so they should be sending them out today. Has anyone had success extending their notification deadline beyond March 15? I'd really like another week to think about my decision...

Hey everyone! 

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience: I haven't received a view decision link or letter (official or otherwise), but now have access to the 2015-2016 financial aid year under the "Award Status" section, which I did not before. Although there are currently no awards listed, might this imply that I've been accepted?

Btw, congratulations to all admittees!

- d

Hey everyone! 

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience: I haven't received a view decision link or letter (official or otherwise), but now have access to the 2015-2016 financial aid year under the "Award Status" section, which I did not before. Although there are currently no awards listed, might this imply that I've been accepted?

Btw, congratulations to all admittees!

- d

I did have that experience - that happened about a week ago but I didn't actually get my decision until yesterday, and my decision is still not reflected in Wolverine Access.  It seems like most of our experience is we get the email before it's reflected in the portal.

I did have that experience - that happened about a week ago but I didn't actually get my decision until yesterday, and my decision is still not reflected in Wolverine Access. It seems like most of our experience is we get the email before it's reflected in the portal.

Thank you so much! I am really excited to see what happens next!

I just called the office and they told me that I would probably know by this time next month... I'm so, so frustrated. 

When did you apply? I applied in Dec, but I also just barely got interviewed last week, so I figured I probably have to wait few more weeks.

I think the lesson for future applicants is to apply early to public schools with rolling admissions!

I wish I had applied earlier in 2014. I, too, applied in the winter and did not have my app in before Dec 1st. I'm pessimistic and thinking that no news is bad news regarding my own application  :(

I applied mid-January and that means I probably won't hear anything for a month or so... and my other schools want me to accept or decline soon. I'm just assuming I didn't get in, since I haven't heard anything I suppose. But it's strange because I got into a few other top ten programs with big scholarships! Oh well. I did visit a couple other schools that I fell in love with. It will all work out!

Hi! I had a question for you. I applied on December 18th, and got an email saying "Thanks for applying". I never got a second one about Wolverine Access. In fact, this is the first time I am hearing about it and now I'm freaking out because everybody is being accepted on it, ha! A little help please.. what is Wolverine Access and how do I look at mine? Do I have to call?

I was wondering have you heard anything yet?