Hunter - Fall 2015

AstoriaGal

Hi all! I submitted my application on February 4th - uploaded my unofficial transcript via the "upload" button on the site. My application status still reads as "submitted" but "incomplete" for my transcript. Is this a bad sign...? Haha. The wait is killing me!

Did anyone else receive this email today?

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your patience. We would like to inform you that your application is in the final stages of review.  All decisions will be posted to your online application. 

• If “accepted”, you will receive electronic notification first, then official notification in the mail.
  • If not accepted, notification will be posted online only.The office is not available to answer questions about non-acceptance until August-Reapplication Information Session (will be posted on our website).
  • If accepted for non-matriculated status, applicants will receive a separate letter in the mail.

Thank you for applying to Silberman School of Social Work, we wish you much success on your educational endeavors.  

Sincerely,

Silberman School of Social Work
Graduate Enrollment Office

My admission decision was updated this morning and I was accepted!

Check for something like this at the bottom of the application dashboard:

• DECISION STATUS: AVAILABLE BEGINNING 3/5/2015
    • Your application decision is now available online
Edited by ssk14

Congratulations Ssk14! I submitted my app on February 5 and got an email regarding an interview on March 3. Hang in there everybody! Anyone have any tips on the interview?

Congratulations Ssk14! I submitted my app on February 5 and got an email regarding an interview on March 3. Hang in there everybody! Anyone have any tips on the interview?

Congrats SSK!

Just be yourself and be relaxed. I think they just want to see how you react with others.

Thank you guys!! 

For the interview, make sure you're able answer the following questions: Why Social Work? Why Hunter? Be ready to speak about volunteer/professional clinical experiences you've had. There's also a short writing response. You should do fine if you're relaxed and speak honestly. 

Hey everyone. Congrats to those who have been accepted or have received interviews. I'm posting to get your opinion on if I should reach out to the school regarding an interview date. My application was completed on December 12th and my application status says Pending Interview. I am seeing that some people have received interview dates. I am starting to feel worried that I have been forgotten! Do you think I should try contacting the school or just wait it out? 

Thank you! 

Hey everyone. Congrats to those who have been accepted or have received interviews. I'm posting to get your opinion on if I should reach out to the school regarding an interview date. My application was completed on December 12th and my application status says Pending Interview. I am seeing that some people have received interview dates. I am starting to feel worried that I have been forgotten! Do you think I should try contacting the school or just wait it out? 

Thank you! 

I'd definitely call and ask about your status. Double check your inbox to see if you may have missed an email, too. 

Thank you for your input rrrrolo and ssk14. I am going to try and get in touch with them early next week. I check my email and spam folder frequently, and thought I would have heard by now. I've heard that they are difficult to get in touch with and I'm sure they'll be extra busy since the application deadline just passed! Best of luck everyone.

I still haven't heard from hunter for the interview. I knew that the process was going to be long but this long? It's very nerve-racking to not receive anything from them if it's going to be an interview or not. Hopefully for everyone everything goes well.

Should I not check the portal until I get that final review email? I've never heard of anyone getting that before but maybe it's new this year. Ugh I just want a final decision already, this wait is brutal.

I just called and asked about when we should expect to hear back - they were pretty unhelpful. I told them I submitted it completely on 2/5 and they said it could take until as long as May to hear back. 

im also in the same boat. have been accepted into every other msw program i applied to and am still randomly "pending interview" for hunter. They told me to keep checking the portal and to watch my email but this is getting really late in the game.... and i am interested in the dual degree with bank street so its really important that they start letting us know what is going on

does hunter ever accept applicants without an interview??