Hunter - Fall 2015

AstoriaGal

I interviewed 2/24. My app still says pending interview. Safe to say I've been rejected I guess. :/ I was accepted at Columbia, so will probably attend there. Just wish they'd give me a definitive update.

I interviewed 2/24. My app still says pending interview. Safe to say I've been rejected I guess. :/ I was accepted at Columbia, so will probably attend there. Just wish they'd give me a definitive update.

I wouldn't be so sure AstoriaGal! It doesn't seem like ANYONE has heard back from this school....I'm still wondering if I will even be invited to interview..

I almost gave up on Hunter... It's getting too late. I have to decide whether to attend another school in 2 weeks, and I didn't get any email inviting me to interview from Hunter either.

Edited by natsne24

I had to email them to update the status of my application from "incomplete" to "complete" a week or two ago because they never checked the unofficial transcript I submitted (2/5). Other schools are hassling me to know if I'm going to come and I don't know how long I can wait for Hunter to get their act together! Ughhh. 

It's discouraging to hear that a lot of us haven't heard back. I can't believe I might be waiting until May.  I heard that Hunter takes a long time, but I didn't realize it would take them THIS long. I applied early hoping that it would speed up the process, but it obviously didn't help. It is frustrating to wait, especially since many other schools are getting back to us. Hunter is my top choice, so I'll probably have to put a deposit down at another school. Best of luck everyone! 

I got my invite to an interview today at 4:30pm mountain time, for end of march. I hadn't heard a single word until today and was getting super nervous!! Good luck to all you other applicants! Hopefully i get to see some of you there.  i'm very nervous!

I got my invite to an interview today at 4:30pm mountain time, for end of march. I hadn't heard a single word until today and was getting super nervous!! Good luck to all you other applicants! Hopefully i get to see some of you there.  i'm very nervous!

congrats! when was your application complete?

I finished it and it was completed by the 31 of January. So pretty close to the deadline.

gotcha, mine was submitted near the deadline but wasn't complete until 02/26 for whatever reason? guess they were slow in processing but i'm convinced i won't hear back till april and i have to put deposits down for other schools in the upcoming weeks! hunter is my number one though. blergh, so stressful. good luck with your interview!

gotcha, mine was submitted near the deadline but wasn't complete until 02/26 for whatever reason? guess they were slow in processing but i'm convinced i won't hear back till april and i have to put deposits down for other schools in the upcoming weeks! hunter is my number one though. blergh, so stressful. good luck with your interview!

Oh good luck! I had to mail a check and it seemed to take FOREVER!  They were pretty slow at processing. I was worried about missing the deadline.   I didn't apply to any other schools so this is definitely my top choice.  I wish you the best of luck and hopefully you hear back from them soon!

Hello everyone! I Read this online and decided to get an account.

I submitted my application to Hunter 12/19/2014. It was finalized (completed) 1/5. About 3 weeks ago I received an email invitation for the interview- the slots fill up pretty quick. I signed up to have my interview March 9 (this past Monday). After the interview I asked when should I hear back from them, I was told to wait at least 1 week. I checked yesterday afternoon and my status changed!

I got accepted into the program! I was very surprised at how fast they made the decision and the status changed, since they usually say it takes longer.

Those that have not heard from Hunter, I would say just wait a bit because they have a lot of applications and there are still dates available for interview. Also, I think they day your application was reviewed or "completed" has a lot to do with the order they send interview invitations!

Wishing everyone the best of luck!!

My status just changed from submitted to pending interview yesterday afternoon...anyone remember how long it took to receive an invitation by email after their status changed? Seems to vary a lot

Hi Guys!

Just wondering if anyone who applied for advance standing has heard anything yet.

Congrats to those of you who have been invited for an interview or who have already been accepted. I'm still staring at "submitted" on my application LOL

My status just changed from submitted to pending interview yesterday afternoon...anyone remember how long it took to receive an invitation by email after their status changed? Seems to vary a lot

It should be very soon! Keep an eye out for your email! They emailed me pretty late in the day (almost 5 mountain time, meaning almost 7 in NYC). Good luck! Hope to see you there!

ok obessively posting now but i'm so confused because my application status was updated to pending interview last night and then this afternoon it says decision available but when i click the link the page doesn't load! what the heck! hopefully it's a fluke....or i'm rejected, because i haven't seen anyone been accepted without an interview :l

That's really weird! I would maybe give them a call tomorrow, check every so often tonight (because it might be just a tech. difficulty), check in the morning and then call.  Hopefully it all works out for you!

Hi Everyone!

Just wondering if someone has a status of "PENDING PROGRAM DECISION "?

My application was completed on the 15 of January - and the status changed from completed to ppd about a month ago.

I see many of you had a completed application after my date, and had an interview already.

The same thing happened last year - and i got rejected.

I'm wondering what could be the reason for the pending program decision.

My essay is strong, I have an excellent background as a social worker - including teaching social work at a college.

Maybe because I graduated abroad, and been trying to get back to the filed for a while - but it's been about 11 years since I got my diploma?

If anyone can share their thoughts on what could be the reason, please do.

Thank you, and wishing the best!!!

Has anyone gotten rejected? I think I have but they're just waiting to send them out... :(

Don't think that way. That is the least thing I'm thinking about is being rejected because if they rejected me they would have done weeks ago. I'm a negative person at times and if you put a lot of effort into your application just like i did. Why would they reject you? 

Hi everyone! I wanted to get some advice on whether to reach out to the school or not.

I received an email inviting me to an interview on March 3 and I interviewed on March 11. My application status still says submitted and has never switched to pending interview or anything! I'm getting so impatient

I am so frustrated too. The dean herself informed me that a decision should be posted by the end of last week. Still nothing. I am tempted to reach out again to the school although I have a number of times before. I want a decision so I can make my next moves regarding where I'm going to be next year. Extremely extremely frustrated.