Please help with my SOP, need to finalize.

Hi Im applying to ASU next week and need to finalize my SOP. Please help me in in my SOP guys.. Thanks a lot.. Im sorry if im asking too much.. but need help in this.. This is the only thing incomplete.

I, Sunil Kumar, am applying to the Arizona State University for admission to the MS Degree in Computer Science.I have nurtured a strong passion to become a scientist and pursue research and my objective for graduate studies in Computer Science is to prepare myself for the long term goal of pursuing a career of research in an academic environment and Graduate Study at your department would be the first step towards this goal.

My undergraduate preparation at the Computer Science and Engineering Department of Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering (DSCE), Bangalore has given me a substantial knowledge of the basic areas of Computer Science. The excellent facilities, courses and faculty have given me a firm background of the fundamentals in Computer Science. Having been exposed to the various facets of Computer Science in the course of my undergraduate studies, I find Theoretical Computer Science most appealing and intellectually stimulating. Courses like Computer Networking, Systems, Data Structures, Design and Analysis of Algorithms have been my favorites.

As a pre final year project I developed an Android app ‘Health Cloud’ which was a mobile cloud app giving access to patients medical records on their mobile phones. This project has given me plenty of exposure to programming using various programming languages like Java, PHP HTML, Cloud networks and services and mobile application development on Android. I have developed other mini projects like a side-scroller game “Throttle Copter” using OpenGL and C# Technologies and a lexical analyzer and parser for parsing simple C programs using lex and yacc.

My final year project  “Single Image Dehazing Based On Dark Channel Prior” was developed under the guidance of Mr. Prasad using Matlab, C and Computer Vision Technologies. This project demonstrated the use dark pixels to directly provide accurate estimation of the haze’s transmission and A soft matting interpolation method was combined with haze imaging model to recover a high-quality haze-free image and produce a good depth map.

Through passion, hard work and perseverance I have been able to maintain good grades despite a major accident and surgery in 6th semester and another major surgery in my 8th semester. My academic record has been consistently good, throughout school as well as undergraduate.

In my final year, I presented a home paper titled {------} under the guidance of Dr.Ramesh Babu. This study exposed me to the fundamental concepts and the research work in progress, in the various domains of Artificial Intelligence. I have gone through online courses on Machine Learning and this has invoked a keen interest in me on Artificial Intelligence and I would like to continue to learn about these areas in my graduate program. While my primary areas of interests are Computer Networks, Systems, and Artificial Intelligence I look forward to gaining a broad foundation in Computer Science during my MS, and I am eager to learn about other research opportunities.

I was a teaching assistant for an introductory course in ‘C Programming’ for freshmen. I was an active member of the Computer Science Association at DSCE and organized various events like C programming, Android and Cloud workshops. Apart from academic life, I have organized as well anchored several events such Inter-Collegiate Cultural and Technical Fest. I was the Head Student Organizer of the inter-collegiate technical fest “Techno Espantar” with the help of Computer Science HOD, Dr.Ramesh Babu and Assistant Professor Sandya.

I am applying to  the MS degree in Computer Science at Arizona State University after considering my aptitude, research interests and my dream of taking up a career in research in Computer Science. From the information brochure and web pages, I find that cutting edge research is being done in Computer Science at ASU especially in the fields of Computational Intelligence and Algorithms, Network Science and Systems, and Systems Engineering. I hope to be well-versed with the state-of-art research methodology; equipment and training, which are available in the highly sophisticated research laboratories of your university like Optimization and Networking Research Laboratory and Data Mining and Machine Learning Lab. I believe that  the graduate program at ASU will provide me with creative, challenging and intellectually stimulating environment that will enable me to realize my career ambition of becoming a competent researcher.

I am aware that ASU expects very high standards from its students. On my part, I can assure you of hard work and whole hearted effort and I believe that my enthusiasm will enable me to meet those expectations. It would be an honor to be taught, trained and mentored by some of your best people in the field. Graduating from your department will aid my dream of getting into research and my part to Computer Science.