GRE Scores

I just took the computer-based GRE score and unfortunately was overwhelmed by school and other matters to study adequately.

The computer test said I got Q-143 and V-150, which I think I could do better if I took it again.

However since I'm out of field, I'm considering taking a gap year and work in France, where I most likely will get accepted to teach in. I wouldn't be applying for many schools since I need to take pre-reqs.

Should I retake it in December for the Jan 15 deadline? Or should I just apply to 1 or 2 schools with these scores and if not accepted, take a year off?

Any thoughts?

http://slpecho.wordpress.com/2012/08/19/slp-graduate-school-test-scores-and-gpa/

Read the above link I posted. You got good last 60 hours GPA which most of the schools looked at. Your GRE is ok but you got good EC. It all depends what schools are you applying to. I would say apply more than 5-6 schools and some out of state schools if you are willing to relocate.

Do not take GRE if you are not ready. I have seen so many people are rushing to take GRE without any preparation.

Check the below link.

Good Luck!!!

• 3 weeks later...

You should definitely retake it. The writing score is ok but I think the 143 is pretty low. Most schools want you somewhere in the lower-mid 150s. I have 154 v and 163 q and 5.0 writing and I considered retaking for the verbal score, but technically it's close enough and the other scores are better, but your scores I would take over.

But more specifically take the time necessary to study for it because like the above poster said, a lot of people rush into it. You don't seem dead set on going to grad immediately, which is ok! I'd say apply to maybe 1-2 schools just to see what happens, but if you don't get in, chalk it up to the test score and/or lack of prereqs