many publications, very low GRE, any chance to top universities?

kevin0606

International student.

GPA:3.8

GRE:V145,Q166

GRE Chem:780

TOEFL:24+22+23+22=91

Publications:2 first author published (IF>4,IF>6.0 ), 2 first author submitted to JACS. 4 co-authored publications, 2 manuscripts in preparation.

Research interest: Organometallics, DFT calculations.

Got BE from university in China in July 2014. Currently, a master's candidate in University in Singapore. I am really concerned about my GRE and TOEFL scores, do I have the chance to be admitted by top10 Universities in US ?

If possible~ I would suggest you retake GRE exam, aim at total score > 320; What is your GRE writing score?
For TOEFL score, it depends on schools, some require more than 100. But 90 is okay especially you had 23 on speaking.

But overall, they give impression that you have a some difficulty with English, which might lower your chance of getting TA.

Apart from it, you stat is quite good, especially your publications. With strong SOP and LoRs, you might get into top 50 university, even top 10. 

If possible~ I would suggest you retake GRE exam, aim at total score > 320; What is your GRE writing score?

For TOEFL score, it depends on schools, some require more than 100. But 90 is okay especially you had 23 on speaking.

But overall, they give impression that you have a some difficulty with English, which might lower your chance of getting TA.

Apart from it, you stat is quite good, especially your publications. With strong SOP and LoRs, you might get into top 50 university, even top 10. 

Thanks, I took the GRE general test two years ago and got that low scores. I was intended to retake it, but I failed to arrange the time. I also contacted some professors by emails from top universities I am interested in. And I had the chance to meet some of them during a conference held in Singapore and  introduce my work to them. After that, they said I was a strong candidate base on my research experience (but they do not know my low GRE scores...) and asked me to inform them after I submitted my application. Any suggestions on how could I ask them to help me with the applications further ?