Should I include specific lab experiences in SOP? [Biochem PhD]

Hey all, I'm writing my SOP for my Biochemistry PhD and my PI told me that grad committees will look for people who are comfortable with the minutia of lab work, namely troubleshooting and optimizing experimental protocols.  With that in mind, is it worth showing in my SOP through the specific experience of me optimizing a nonfunctional assay protocol that I inherited in the lab?  I only ask because I think that it might be important to show that I am capable of the thought process independently, but I want to make sure that I'm not putting in useless information.

Thank you in advance!

I think if you have a good example of solving a problem, troubleshooting, I'd make a mention of it.  I believe I referenced some challenge to a technique that i was able to work around and I can assure you that such examples in SOP or mentioned in an interview are a benefit.  in the sciences especially they want to know that when you get faced with an obstacle or challenge you don't just fall apart and give up on it.  You have to show you wont be easily discouraged since...any grad student at some point will encounter a situation where there is going to be an obstacle that shuts things down for you.  You have to show resilience and comfort in that scenario.  don't search for an example but a quick reference to overcoming a challenge would be great.