2. Univ of Minnesota
  3. Univ of MIchigan Ann Arbor
  4. Purdue University
  5. Univ of Toronto
  6. Univ of British Columbia
  7. Univ of Waterloo
  8. Univ of Alberta
  9. University of Tennesse Knoxville

What are my chances of getting an admit in one of these universities. Thanks for your response

With just your stats available, there's not much that anyone here can say. It may be more helpful to do a results search on the grad cafe for each school where you're applying.

Paper - 1 First Author and 1 3rd Author

This is the only helpful information you've given us, and its still not specific enough.

The GRE and GPA are mostly qualifiers. Nobody ever says "Wow look at that high GRE score/GPA, let's grant him admission"... 

Also, the most important aspects of your application: LoRs, SoP, and Research Experience, is not outlined here. 

Edited by RP15

Thanks for your replies - Hyraxes and RP15.

I have done research in Power Electronics and I have around 1.5 year research experience. I will be getting two strong LORs from Profs I have done research with.in Canada and I am happy with my SOP. Its decent.

i have done two years of teaching assistantship.

With good LoRs and SoP, your chances are almost certain to get admitted to at least one of those institutions. Especially since you have publications. Usually applicants with publications, 1.5+ years of research experience, and high credentials (GPA/GRE) aim for tier 1 universities. You seem to have all of these, except for a low Verbal and writing score. I would add at least one or two Tier 1 if I were you. 

Edited by RP15

I want to make sure that I get an admit with scholarship in one of these universities. I am not optimistic of chances in tier one universities - MIT, Stanford, Berkley, UCLA.

I found the research groups in these interesting and hope to get admitted to one of these programs.

Thanks for your reply.

I have applied to all the universities and its waiting time now. I thought GRE Verbal was good enough (162 (640 Old)). Yes AWA is low but hope it gets compensated by my research papers in IEEE.