When the status of your score reports is 'incomplete' after you did send them

psyclaire

Hi, I sent my score reports to two programs at the end of October, but they are not yet listed on the online status check websites. :(  The graduate admissions office of each program does not answer the phone, and I haven't received any responses to my email about the question yet. What would you do in this case? Should I resend the scores? Or, should I call or email them again, hoping to be answered? The deadline for those programs is Dec 15. I will really appreciate any advice. Thank you !! 

There are two options here and we can't tell you which one is right: often, schools do not update their application system to show submitted materials at all, or they are very slow at doing that. In all likelihood, your scores have arrived but just haven't been updated on the computer yet. However, it's possible that your scores either never arrived or were not updated properly on your application. This is much less likely, but we can't tell you for sure that it's not the case. Since admissions is not answering, my suggestion would be to contact someone at your prospective program (probably the secretary/admin person, unless the website says there is someone else who you should contact with admissions related questions) and ask what to do. Did you upload an unofficial copy of your report? I'd ask if that would be enough to get your application reviewed while you sort this out, and whether they have any way of knowing if the scores have arrived. Most schools will be ok with unofficial scores until they make you an offer, and then they might need the official report before you can get the official offer and/or accept it. But that's a long time away and would give you a better chance of figuring this out. 

fuzzylogician: Thank you so much for your advice! It is very helpful. I think I can contact the admin person to ask what to do. I don't think that I uploaded an unofficial copy of my report, but I will definitely ask about it. Thank you  :)