Applying for TAship - will it affect chances of admission?

mikoloki

Hello,

I am a foreign student in the process of applying for my master's degree in the US.

During the last  two years of my studies, I held a TA position at my university.

I enjoy teaching and would like to continue doing so in the US.

My question is, many universities mention how difficult it is to get a TAship

(very different from where I am from) and I was wondering in what way the general admission

will be tied to earning a teaching position if I apply for both simultaneously.

Thanks for your help, the american academic system seems so complicated for an outsider like me.

Are you talking about applying to be a full-time teacher at a university, at the same time as applying for admission to the university as a student? Which do you want to do? Do you want to teach full-time or do you want to further your studies?

I am not sure how experience being a TA as an undergrad is viewed, however, it is likely this experience would be helpful to your application to apply to be a TA while attending as a master's student. Is that something you're interested in? Is that something that is available at the program(s) you're looking into?