Advice for a good application

Hi everyone!  :)

I am new to this forum but I am so excited that I found it! I am currently doing my undergrad at Wayne State University. I am looking for anyway to make my application stand out. I currently have a 3.7 GPA. I have worked at a daycare for 4 years. I have done job shadowing at a local elementary school twice a week this whole semester. I have also shadowed at a private practice and a children's hospital. I am a member of the NSCS (National Society of Collegiate Scholars) and I do quite a bit of volunteering through NSCS but it is unrelated to SLP. 

What are a some things I can start doing to really stand out on my applications before I apply? 

Also, what are some tips for the GRE? I will be taking it next Fall but I would like to start studying soon! I am a horrible standardized test taker. What scores did you receive on your GRE that were accepted?

I am sure many of you are in the same boat as me. Doing pretty good, but terrified of being rejected! Good luck to everyone applying!!!  :)

Edited by KarlyC

I used Manhattan prep books and Barons study book. Barons is quite difficult and probably the most similar to the GRE. Manhattan really lays out the concepts and provides a good foundation for harder questions in Barons. Manhattan also has free online tutorials with a girl named Jen. Those were gold; highly recommended. Study as much as you can and make the time spent meaningful, even if its 20 min of math before you go to work make it count. I took the test once and got 54th percentile for quant, 64th verbal and 4.0 AW. I took the test once. I also had never taken standardized test prior.