UC Berkeley Applicants

FaultyPowers

Website won't let me quote! Trogdor Burninator, you're one of the Northwestern interviewees! Good luck! I was a UVA interviewee in January and I'm waiting on a decision. Duke and WashU were long shots, and Berkeley med anthro was a huge reach! I've got one offer in the bag though, but I'm hoping I get lucky.

Congrats on UMich!

Thanks! The UN interview visit was great- students there are super chill, very approachable. Got my official berkeley rejection while I was there, but didn't cause too much heartbreak as I had already counted them out- got another acceptance this am, so feeling EXCEPTIONALLY good about my fun. feels good to have options!

I saw someone posted in results that they were offered an $18k stipend.  If I had been accepted to Berkeley, I would be thinking about ways to make it work, because Berkeley.  But, seriously?!  That sounds like enough to live in a cardboard box in the Bay Area.

I got offered 18,000 at UCI and I'm a bit worried about the cost of living as well, although I assume it's cheaper than Berkeley. I suppose 18,000 is the standard for UC anthro?