Where can I realistically aim for?

Jessie012

Hello, I will be graduating this semester and going back to my home country (I'm an international student..). I know my stats aren't the best, and was wondering where I could aim for cell biology program at US. I am applying next year by the way. 

Undergrad Institution: Big State School
Major(s): Microbiology, Neuroscience, Math
Minor(s): Psychology, Chemistry
GPA in Major: 3.40
Overall GPA: 3.497
Position in Class: not sure 
Type of Student: International female

GRE Scores (revised/old version):
Q: 166
V: 166
W: 6

Research Experience: 4 years of research at the lab under a research program, presented at symposium this program holds, presented at all-campus conference, and midwest conference, review paper manuscript in preparation, summer internship at glycobiology lab in my home country

Awards/Honors/Recognitions: Best Poster award at all-campus conference, Academic scholarship 4 years, Honors scholarship 1 year 

Pertinent Activities or Jobs: President of an academic club that conducts research on different topics and does presentation, a leadership council of nationally hold organization, leader of a youth group at church (idk if it matters), chief editor of church newspaper

Special Bonus Points: No...

Honestly, where can I aim for? Can I make it to top 50 cell biology program? 

Edited by Jessie012

You should aim for whatever programs are strong in the research areas that appeal to you. I think that your profile is ideal and I'm not sure what you are concerned about -- although we're all a bit anxious here.

The only thing holding you back is yourself (sorry for being cheesy but I think it's true).

You've got a good chance. As an international you're at a disadvantage, but it shouldn't be anything major. You may want to focus your efforts at private universities as to them the burden of taking on an international student is not as high as it is for a state university.

Also, leave out the church activities, there is no good reason to mention religion.