Fall Semester Grades

562green

Hi!

So unfortunately I did rather poorly in a class this semester and got a C+.  I know that isn't the worst thing in the world but it is a class directly related to my major which is pretty embarrassing.  I am applying to phd programs and have already submitted my applications/transcripts.  Is anyone going to see the grades from this semester?  I know I have to submit official transcripts once I get accepted/decide to attend a school, but do those just go to administrators or will the profs see them?  Thanks so much! 

It is my understanding that profs may be able to see them. However, I don't think one C+ (even if it is in your respective field) is a huge deal.. Professors are only human, the ones I'm close with seem to understand that life happens and no one can score perfectly all the time. 

If you are accepted and they see you have one C+ I think they would be willing to overlook it. It would probably be a big deal if this was a continued trend in your final year. My advice is not to stress too much about it : ) We all make mistakes!

Some of my schools ask that you bring official transctipts to an interview if you offered one. I guess this is a way to check on fall grades before accepting students. I agree with the above comment though that one C+ isnt going to kill your chances.

I highly doubt it will cause a problem. Some of my programs had a stipulation in my acceptance letter that I needed to maintain a GPA above X to take advantage of my acceptance. So, as long as your GPA doesn't drop drastically after next semester, you should be fine.