HARVARD GSAS application website NOT AVAILABLE ....

otdo1004

I was just trying to submit right now but it seems that The Harvard GSAS application website is not available...

Does anybody else getting the same problem?

I am getting really panicked about this. Would this be fixed before the deadline?

I am using Google Chrome. Can you elaborate on that a little bit? So right now can you access the website? I thought it was like a jam because of so many people writing the applications at the same time.

I am using Google Chrome. Can you elaborate on that a little bit? So right now can you access the website? I thought it was like a jam because of so many people writing the applications at the same time.

Yes it works for me now. I was actually a little wrong on that. I did it again and screencapped it. See here! http://imgur.com/a/DSFzs

I'm still experiencing problem: does anyone see this page and if yes, what's your solution?

Google Chrome could not load the webpage because www.gsas.harvard.edutook too long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection.
Check your Internet connection
Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.
Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.
If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server...
Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to Applications > System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Proxies and deselect any proxies that have been selected.
Error code: ERR_TIMED_OUT

Glad I could help!! Good luck to you all as well. Lord knows we don't need the odds stacked against us more on Harvard. 

I'm still experiencing problem: does anyone see this page and if yes, what's your solution?

Google Chrome could not load the webpage because www.gsas.harvard.edutook too long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection.
Check your Internet connection
Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.
Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.
If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server...
Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to Applications > System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Proxies and deselect any proxies that have been selected.
Error code: ERR_TIMED_OUT

Clairvoyance, this is an error I received as well when I hit "back" to take those images.

Your problem is most likely the moodiness of the apply yourself system. It doesn't like not being logged out between uses, and, since multiple schools use it, opening multiple Apply Yourself apps at once seems to make it sad. Try logging out of any apps you have open, closing and reopening your browser, then seeing whether that work around does the trick. If not, repeat the logging out and reclosing, but restart your laptop as well. Hope that helps, best of luck to you.

It's still down. Here's a useful site for you all :)

I don't think it has anything to do with applyYourself, the entire gsas site is dead right now, though maybe that was the problem before, I can't say.

It's harvard grad school, the entire world is applying the day before! Maybe I'm being a bit extravagant... lol

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/http://www.gsas.harvard.edu/apply

EDIT: From Reddit /gradadmissions, here's a link directly to the applyYourself login for Harvard graduate apps!

https://app.applyyourself.com/AYApplicantLogin/fl_ApplicantConnectLogin.asp?id=hgsas

Edited by ktk

I've gotten it a few more times & deleting cookies for the page also does the trick!

EDIT: Also that site is quite possibly the best thing ever.

Edited by commodork