Anyone have a POI shift gears on you?

ritapita

I know we are all on edge now waiting for results...and I am no exception to the 'reading between the lines' scenario...

I have a POI that I have been closely and mutually enthusiastically communicating with in length over the last few months, who all the sudden seemed to turn a bit almost dismissive in this persons last email.  This person went from very enthusiastically networking and connecting me with others, to basically telling me to just keep them posted. This is a program that depends on grant funding, and this is all in the process of setting up a visit.  Now I am not sure what to do.  I know its a stressful time for all involved, so regardless in the major shift in tone, I am trying to stay positive.   

I am not sure I am necessarily looking for advice on how to move forward, I can figure that out. But I would love to hear from others that have stressful or interesting situations with a POI that might have lent to a result you weren't expecting, or a POI that wasn't what they seemed...etc..etc..

I have a semi-similar situation - I had been in communication with a POI, discussing my ideas and so on and he was very enthusiastic, saying I'd be a great fit for the lab, etc etc. When he discovered my GRE scores, he suddenly stopped being so enthusiastic...:/

:(

I don't think there is much to be done  - no point harassing the him/her. I'm trying not to worry too much about it.