WWS 2015

PolicyGrad92

Ha! I actually brought this up as an area of improvement during that feedback survey they ask you to do.

I'm not applying to WWS because they would laugh my application into the trash can, but I just wanted to say how awesome it is to see an Arsenal avatar on this forum. Good luck with your application, your numbers are really great.

Come On You Gunners!!

I'm not applying to WWS because they would laugh my application into the trash can, but I just wanted to say how awesome it is to see an Arsenal avatar on this forum. Good luck with your application, your numbers are really great.

Come On You Gunners!!

Thanks mate. Compared to the average intake at WWS, my GRE scores are beloe average so I would need a miracle to get in.

Hopefully we finish the (application) season strong - like Arsenal :)

• 2 weeks later...

A nervous question here. Has anyone received the "Application is complete" update from WWS yet? It has been 17 days since the deadline and I have no news.

I had not sent my official GRE scores to Princeton, and they emailed me asking to send them as soon as possible. So I don't think you have anything to worry about. 

• 4 weeks later...

Anxiety and wait for applicants.

I feel WWS is very specific about the decision day and not like Mid March or early March like many others. The general deadlines really drive me crazy and I keep refreshing my mailbox every hour as a routine.

I am hoping for the big decisions this week,WWS,HKS,GSPP,Harris

Wishing you all the best.

I'm freaking out too. They were very lenient with me on getting all my materials in. I think it was early February when my application was finally complete and they told me it was sent to the committee. I had basically written off WWS because my application wasn't done, but then they were so lenient that I couldn't help but read something into it--did they hunt me down because I actually have a shot? Or did I blow it by not having everything together? All this waiting just makes me scour between the lines for hints that aren't there...

@jolene76: did you send any updated materials ? if so, did the Adcomm change the date of receipt of such documents on the application checklist??? I sent in my revised CV in first week of Jan but the application checklist was not updated.. 

No, I didn't send anything revised. I don't think they generally accept revised materials--they were pretty adamant about that on the HKS blog...

Every school is different, Harvard is very strict about not accepting ANY materials after the application deadline, even grades that don't get turned in until January or updated resumes if you change jobs between the deadline and the announcement date.  WWS is much more flexible, they will let you turn in things a little late and also update materials if there are changes between the deadline and the final decision.  I don't know if turning things in late affects your standing.  If you want to confirm that they've received materials, you can always email the admissions office, they were pretty responsive to me when I had questions. 

Not even joking, my acceptance email last year opened with the word "YES!!" Not sure if they do that every year.

That would have been one great way to know that you have been admitted to WWS. I hope I get a "We Do" email come the ides of march..

My wife is an undergrad alum (Class of '06); since she got one when she applied out of high school, I actually know the back story behind the 'YES!!!!' admissions letters and it's very sweet. I never met the man, but my wife (who is active in alumni governance for her class) thought he was just the most lovely person.

http://www.princeton.edu/main/news/archive/S38/99/07K19/

Good luck to all who've applied. I've visited several times over the years for Reunions. Such a fantastic place.

PS: does anyone know if "The Woo" issues grad students their own beer jackets? B)

Edited by the galen

So my friend was accepted to the Woo last year. She received a "YES!" email from an admissions counselor on March 12th. Most people seemed to have been notified last year on March 14th. She did receive another email on March 14th that seemed to be her official email. She thinks she received an early notification because she has a personal relationship with the admissions counselor. However, there was no "YES!" in the official email (the one that came on the 14th).

Maybe I'm just going crazy with all of the notifications coming out and 2 rejections under my belt, but does everyone who gets in receive this "YES!" email? Does it come early? Freaking out now. 

Edited by treegirl109

Is it? Please do not tell me that I shall give up my American dream....No "yes"mail in the folder and I am really going crazy over the rejections today.

By the way, congratulations to all who have got in.

Do all admitted applicants get this unofficial 'yes' email two days prior to the official version??

Is it? Please do not tell me that I shall give up my American dream....No "yes"mail in the folder and I am really going crazy over the rejections today.

By the way, congratulations to all who have got in.

Here's to holding out hope, but I am also not feeling so hot on my chances at the moment, having yet to receive the infamous "YES!" email....

Having already psychologically written Berkeley off due to their completely screwy notification process, I am left to begin a tough choice between Duke, Carnegie Mellon and Chicago. Time to start building my decision matrix!

To everyone who got in to The Woo, a well deserved congrats!  :)

Edited by nelag

Congratulations oscarsson and others who are the first recipients of the YES mail. :) :) Let's hope to hear more of that YES news. Like everyone else, I panicked in the morning. And then I read few lines of Geeta to calm my nerves, "Do not seek the fruits of your actions." It is difficult to think how long this philosophy could be sustainable in these difficult moments of waiting, but it may offer a respite from the panic and also teach us the art of waiting. :) :)

Waiting calmly. Trying to wait 'detached-ly'. :)

I just want to say for those that are still waiting that I didn't receive my acceptance until 45 minutes AFTER everyone else last year.  I was convinced I got turned down, but I think they were just moving through the applicants alphabetically. 

I just want to say for those that are still waiting that I didn't receive my acceptance until 45 minutes AFTER everyone else last year.  I was convinced I got turned down, but I think they were just moving through the applicants alphabetically. 

God bless you.

Me RN, IRL, while I phone in some distracted memos all signed with "dictated, not read"

10353167_10153729067304199_3552137387381