Biomedical Engineering MS Chances?

btien

Hi guys, I'm applying to MS programs in Biomedical Engineering and would like to have a realistic idea of my shots of getting in. These are my stats:

GPA: 3.52 at Princeton University, Chemical and Biological Engineering

GRE: 170 (Q), 166 (V), 5 (A)

Research experience: did an REU last summer and worked at a nonprofit doing lots of lab research this summer. I also published a paper in the journal Materials Letters. I will also be doing a senior thesis involving a lot of lab work, and possibly get a publication out of that.

Schools I'm applying to:

Stanford

UCSD

Duke

Cornell

Penn

Do you think I'd get into these programs? 

As a side question, if I took a year off to a program with Princeton in Africa, would it help or hurt my chances? For the fellowship, I'd be helping to manage staff and volunteers in making sure they maintain a rainwater harvesting system, teaching about sanitation, and implementing some of my own engineering projects (such as building a biogas stove or water sinks). Not really related to research, but I'd also have completed my senior thesis by then and I think that would help my credentials.