DAAD Rise Professional 2015

rehab-robotics

Hello all,

I couldn't find any other threads for this program for 2015, so here it is.

Who else is applying to this program for next summer? I just submitted my application and the waiting game begins. (Well, it continues...) I applied to the undergrad version my sophomore year and wasn't accepted. I'm a little more optimistic now, but I also can't really find any stats on acceptance rates for the Professional program.

The link is here if anyone is unaware of this program. https://www.daad.de/rise-pro/en/

• 1 month later...

I haven't yet. I informally chatted on the phone with the supervisor for one of the companies I applied to. I had a question and he said "we can just talk about it over the phone."

Which internships did you apply to? I applied to ABB (software engineering), IPA (prosthetics) and the Bayer Healthcare corporate engineering one.

Sorry, I just saw your reply. I informally emailed a few companies as well. I applied to CADFEM Numerical Simulation, BAYER Consulting and Krones Strategic Purchasing...

I'm from Canada, I'm studying Mechanical Engineering and I'm in my final semester now. I have about 1.5 years of internship experience. The only problem with my application is that my overall GPA is very low (about 60-65%). How about you?

I got an email today saying they matched me with an internship (they named the company), and they are just waiting on final approval from the company. It's for the company that I chatted with the supervisor over the phone about.

I'm studying applied physics, also in my final semester. I've got a few internship and research experiences, and a lot of different (but semi-irrelevant) work experience.

Good luck! I hope you got some good news today too.

Congrats rehab on getting an internship!

I'm a Master's student in chemical engineering in my final term with a GPA of 92.5% (combined undergrad and Master's) with just research experiences and no internships.

I applied for 3 chemical engineering, but sadly I haven't heard anything either. I was very optimistic at the time of applying, but since I haven't heard anything, I'm starting to come to the conclusion they've filled the positions.

I'll keep you updated with any news (good or bad).

Thanks @adfundum416, good luck too! Still no word.. I know for the internships in research groups (RISE) people have received some acceptance letters, but I've only seen 2 people say on different forums they've been accepted from DAAD for the RISE Professional program. It sounds like they personalize the e-mails, so they're doing it in waves. From previous years, it looks like everyone has found out for the most part before 10 March if they've been accepted and the rejection letters come after that. The facebook group for RISE Professional hasn't been made yet, so maybe they haven't finished sending the acceptance letters. This waiting is killing me!

I have exchanged a couple of e-mails with the hiring manager at one of the internships I was interested in. Basically, he said that he would be pleased to have me in his group over the summer and gave me a choice of two projects. The same day (Feb 27), I got an e-mail from Martina Ludwig saying that DAAD has recommended me to the same internship and that they have asked the company for final approval by Mar 5 (i.e. today), after which they will send me an official confirmation.

I am optimistic, but still waiting for an official notification.

Edited by Pretty_Huge_Degree

Thanks joseole. I got the official confirmation today. I am an Engineering Mechanics major (PhD - if you didn't already figure out from my bad pun of a username), and was accepted into BASF at Ludwigshafen. I will be working on CFD modeling of polymerization processes.

Good luck to you guys.

anyone else received any news?

I got another email from Martina last week asking about my graduation status (bachelor's), whether I'm pursing graduate school and if I can postpone my enrollment in grad school. Something to do with a new law passed in Germany. This was Thursday March 5, and I haven't received a response back yet, or final confirmation from my company. I did speak with the supervisor again, and we talked about start dates and length of stay, so taking that as the company will approve me.

Phone call with supervisor this upcoming Friday. Will post immediately if I get any more emails from DAAD or Martina. Hoping for one tomorrow with final confirmation, I'd like to book a flight.

I got another email from Martina last week asking about my graduation status (bachelor's), whether I'm pursing graduate school and if I can postpone my enrollment in grad school. Something to do with a new law passed in Germany. This was Thursday March 5, and I haven't received a response back yet, or final confirmation from my company. I did speak with the supervisor again, and we talked about start dates and length of stay, so taking that as the company will approve me.

Phone call with supervisor this upcoming Friday. Will post immediately if I get any more emails from DAAD or Martina. Hoping for one tomorrow with final confirmation, I'd like to book a flight.

Thanks and best of luck! 

So far still nothing.. The facebook group for this year's RISE Pro program still isn't up and I saw something from a few years ago where someone was accepted as late as March 18 for Rise Pro, so maybe there's still hope. I'm waiting anxiously to find out, even though I'm pretty sure I'm going to be rejected.

So far still nothing.. The facebook group for this year's RISE Pro program still isn't up and I saw something from a few years ago where someone was accepted as late as March 18 for Rise Pro, so maybe there's still hope. I'm waiting anxiously to find out, even though I'm pretty sure I'm going to be rejected.

at this point I'm not afraid of rejection, maybe it is for a good reason :)

I just spoke to Martina over the phone and I was told they matched all internships with potential candidates. At this point, if you have NOT received an email from them, it means you are probably rejected. She said she was in the process of drafting the rejection emails at the moment. With that being said, it is also possible for SOME applicants to be accepted based on turnover from the first pool of applicants, however chance of that happening is very slight.