Aero Applicants Fall 2015

aeroaero

Got into MAE Ph.D program at UC Davis, "funding will be determined by mid March". Does anyone know if UC Davis gives full funding usually? I got invited to the open house with a stipend. Thanks!

Edited by kerry1234

Got accepted to North Carolina State University this week...which makes me more relieved because I haven't heard from any schools in awhile. My POI at Virginia Tech also says that he has made his decisions and now the graduate school will send out the decisions. Apparantely, one department chair makes all the decisions for each Aero concentration at Virginia Tech.

Has any one heard from a Texas school? ....Most of my applications are in Texas but I have only heard from my out of state applications. The anticapation is killing me...

Texan, the only school I have NOT heard from is UT-Austin, though that's for PhD and not Masters. Still "patiently" waiting.

Did anyone hear back from Georgia Tech? Looking up the results,  I noticed that the AE department apparently releases some decisions on Fridays...
It's hard waiting for so long while I see decisions coming out in small waves. 
:(  

Edited by pvfm

@aeroaero Thank you very much. My research area is space systems - micro/nano satellites.

@zz19910801 Master program  :)

Edited by PChon

Has anyone who was accepted to UWashington Aero/Astro heard more about the visit day? They said more information would be coming soon in the initial acceptance email, but I haven't heard anything yet. I suppose I could just email them directly, but would hate to bother them if they're busily working through the list sending out additional information.

Crontab,

In was wondering the same thing. Their acceptance email was a little vague. It sounded like I'd have to pay my way to the visit day too... That'd be nearly impossible since I'm on the other side of the country. I was going to email them today to get some clarification.

Hi everyone! I'm applying to phd programs for aero/mech eng. Got into cornell and michigan, still waiting on MIT/Stanford/Caltech/Berkeley and the whole waiting process is killing me! I wish I hadn't discovered the grad cafe cause it does nothing to alleviate my anxiety, and I hate doing my daily results check to see schools already admitting students. Ignorance is bliss, and I wish I could sleep for a week so when I wake up the decisions would be out.   

Crontab,

In was wondering the same thing. Their acceptance email was a little vague. It sounded like I'd have to pay my way to the visit day too... That'd be nearly impossible since I'm on the other side of the country. I was going to email them today to get some clarification.

Yeah, super vague. I had the same thought about paying my way to the visit day, which is especially conflicting if it impacts the funding decisions. If you do email them and get a response, I wouldn't mind hearing their response (if you don't mind).

Hi, 

I am an undergraduate with mechanical background. The only aero program I applied is Caltech. I have been admitted as PhD student in Aeronautics at Caltech.

Good luck to everyone!