Aero Applicants Fall 2015

aeroaero

Here is some updates that I would like to share with you. I have been admitted from the department of Aerospace at University of Arizona. The department mentioned that financial aids will be decided and notified to me no later than March 15. Hope to get the chance of RA or TA. Meanwhile, I am still waiting for the decision from GaTech, Texas A&M, UT austin, and Iowa State Univ. Does anyone admit from the universities that I mentioned above? Good luck :)

Here is some updates that I would like to share with you. I have been admitted from the department of Aerospace at University of Arizona. The department mentioned that financial aids will be decided and notified to me no later than March 15. Hope to get the chance of RA or TA. Meanwhile, I am still waiting for the decision from GaTech, Texas A&M, UT austin, and Iowa State Univ. Does anyone admit from the universities that I mentioned above? Good luck :)

Hey sillykim, I'm Korean also and currently live in Tucson where the University of Arizona is located. Let me know if you have any questions regarding quality of life in Tucson and the Korean community here if you're interested. I haven't applied to any of the other schools you mentioned, but good luck !

sillykim,

I haven't heard anything from the Texas schools eithier, but I did get accepted to Iowa State in December before the deadline. Hopefully it will be a good March for hearing back from every school. I have only heard from 3 out of my 11 applications so far....

Hey sillykim, I'm Korean also and currently live in Tucson where the University of Arizona is located. Let me know if you have any questions regarding quality of life in Tucson and the Korean community here if you're interested. I haven't applied to any of the other schools you mentioned, but good luck !

Edited by sillykim

Eventually I'm going to have to make a final decision. I don't have 100% all of the info I need to make a decision, but I have enough to really consider my options. For those who are lucky enough to have options, how are you basing your decisions? What is important to you? Research, faculty, funding, rankings...? I'm personally having a hard time choosing a "Choice A."

I would say faculty and funding are the main two.  I received an acceptance from a top 10 that told me who my advisor is, whose background was completely opposite my interests and past work, so I rejected the offer before getting information of funding.  Another awarded a scholarship the first year allowing me to explore options/advisors during my first year, which is a major benefit.  I have talked to students entering with external funding (e.g., NSF) and their freedom to try out different advisors for a few months made them much happier over time.   You can only so much you can learn from a professors (typically out-of-date) website.  Also, I personally would advise not to choose a University simply on its ranking.

I was accepted into Ohio State for Aero Eng PhD last week. British International Student, GRE V157 Q157 AW4.0, lots of extracurriculars. Will not be attending.

Hi guys, congratulation to all admitted from universities for which apply.

I have actually received an e-mail that I have been accepted to the School of Aerospace Engineering of Georgia Tech. It is pleasure to know; however, there is no information of financial aids. So, let me ask your opinions if you do not mind.

Georgia Tech with no funding vs. the University of Arizona with full funding.

Please consider one thing that I have sponsored by government $62,000 per two years. Thank you for your advise :)

Hi,

I got accepted to Virginia Tech (PhD) and have been rejected by Caltech (after an interview), MIT, Stanford and Purdue. Still waiting for Georgia Tech, UT Austin, PennState and Michigan. Anyone heard from those?

Good luck to all of you.

Still waiting for UT Austin as well. Has anyone heard from them?

And there were a few other people who got into UW - Seattle as well - have any of you heard about funding yet?

Still waiting for UT Austin as well. Has anyone heard from them?

And there were a few other people who got into UW - Seattle as well - have any of you heard about funding yet?

At UW's visit day (last Friday) they said they are planning to have funding decisions out by the end of this week.

Hi,

I got accepted to Virginia Tech (PhD) and have been rejected by Caltech (after an interview), MIT, Stanford and Purdue. Still waiting for Georgia Tech, UT Austin, PennState and Michigan. Anyone heard from those?

Good luck to all of you.

I got admitted to Michigan like 5 days ago. No words on scholarship or assistanship tho.