FSU MSW program what are my chances with a horrible gre score? Advice needed!

FUTUREMSWGIRL

Hi all,

Since I've been on the forum last. I decided to change my major to social work. I'm nearing the end of my junior year. I have to get back into FSU for my MSW, because of my disability I do not have the luxury of moving.

I took the GRE yesterday and made an abysmal 141Q 145V. I have never had an aptitude for standardized tests. I've never passed one According to FSUs website. They do not have a minimum score. The website says:
What is the minimum required score for the GRE ?
We do not have a minimum required score for the GRE exam.While we do not have a minimum required score for the GRE, please give your best effort, as your score is considered in the review of your file.

Aside from that:

• I have a 3.815 GPA (hopefully 3.9 by the time I graduate)
  • I have a minor in psych
  • Currently a RA in a lab
  • I've been an activity coordinator at an assisted living facility
  • I have an application in with Big Brothers Big Sisters to become a mentor ( should hear something soon)
  • in various honor societies/ have gotten academic scholarships
  • will have good LORs (I think)
  • I'm proficient in SPSS, Powerpoint,Excel and Word

I do not believe that a horrible score should preclude me from getting in. It doesn't tell the world how successful I will be as a SWer; it just shows that I suck at standardized tests! Any advice would help!

I know for FSU's Planning program, they require at least a 300. I would assume that's across the board generally (unless you're STEM or Lit, which generally require higher scores in either Quant or Verbal). I wouldn't worry too much; the rest of your profile sounds great!

I know for FSU's Planning program, they require at least a 300. I would assume that's across the board generally (unless you're STEM or Lit, which generally require higher scores in either Quant or Verbal). I wouldn't worry too much; the rest of your profile sounds great!

Thank you! I may take it one more time, but I don't know if I can stomach the stress.