Unemployed and applying for Fall 2015?

gradcup

I graduated this May with a degree in bio from a top 20 university and haven't had much luck finding a job. I took some Computer Science courses this fall and fell in love, so I am now planning to apply for a MS in CS in Fall 2015. This would pretty much be a complete career change for me, my past internships have no relevance to CS.

Concerns:

I enjoyed the CS courses I took this semester, but my grades were subpar (B's). I did well throughout the semester but fell flat on my finals (I guess I just wasn't in my best state for the finals).

Would adcoms look upon my semester of unemployment unfavorably?

Stats:

3.3 undergraduate gpa

95% for both sections of GRE

I was hoping to get some opinions on the strength of my application and if my list of schools is appropriate (ie should I apply to more reach, target, and safety programs)? 

Schools:

Fordham

NYU

Columbia

Cornell

North Carolina State

Thank you in advance, everyone!

I wouldn't think that being unemployed would look unfavorable or have any impact on your application. What might look unfavorable is your somewhat low gpa and the B's that you earned in your CS classes. I think that if you had a LOR from one of your CS professors that basically said you were great at programming, hard working, etc. it would help counter having all B's in the field you want to study.

Since you are applying to masters program, adcomms tend to be more forgiving of shortcomings like low gpa, but I don't know how competitive CS programs are. I don't know much about CS grad programs, so hopefully someone else can advise you on your school choices.