Fall 2015 Civil and Environmental Engineering

jacket24

I applied for MS in structural engineering, fall 2015. I am hoping to get into UCSD, TAMU, NCSU, Virginia Tech, UC Boulder.

Waiting: Berkeley, GATECH, Purdue, UC Davis, Virginia Tech, UCSD, UC Boulder, TAMU, NCSU, UCLA, Florida, UC Irvine

Accepted:

Rejected:

• 3 weeks later...

I applied for M.S in water resource engineering, International Student

Waiting: UCLA,Penn State,UMA,UW Madison, UT austin, Purdue, UIUC, Columbia, TAMU

Accepted : Virginia Tech 

Rejected: 

I applied for M.S in water resource engineering, International Student

Waiting: UCLA,Penn State,UMA,UW Madison, UT austin, Purdue, UIUC, Columbia, TAMU

Accepted : Virginia Tech 

Rejected: 

Congratulations on your acceptance. It's still early in the game but it must be a weight off your shoulders knowing that you're in. Can't wait until more decisions start coming out.

Hi there,

I applied for M.S.T in MIT.

From reading old threads I found that they usually don't give answers before the beginning of March, so another month of jumping from every email notification for me....  :ph34r:

Hi! I applied for PhD in systems at UCB. It is a little bit strange that there are still no threads posted about admissions of civil engineering at Berkeley, since in the last two years there were threads posted in late Jan. Anyone got some ideas about when they will send out admissions this year?  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

I applied phd in transportation engineering. International undergraduate student. 

waiting: UIUC, Northwestern, Purdue, gatech, Virginia tech, UMN, UMD,  UW, tamu

admitted: psu

rejected: 

But PSU hasn't decided the financial aid and I need one. 

Anybody accepted in the Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering CEAE Department and going to visitation day on Feb 27, 2015? I've rented a hotel (walking distance to the school and a car at the Denver International Airport). I was wondering if you want to split the cost of the hotel and rental car? Please let me know so I can give you details of my itinerary to see if yours match up with mine. Thanks!!!  

Anybody accepted in the Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering CEAE Department and going to visitation day on Feb 27, 2015? I've rented a hotel (walking distance to the school and a car at the Denver International Airport). I was wondering if you want to split the cost of the hotel and rental car? Please let me know so I can give you details of my itinerary to see if yours match up with mine. Thanks!!!  

I still haven't heard anything from Colorado. That probably doesn't bode well for my chances since the visit day is next week.

Does anyone have information on the Stanford M.S. admissions letters? I saw a few were from the Structural sub-group, and I know that each sub-group does its admissions differently. What are the other sub-groups that have sent out admissions--did anyone hear back from the Environmental & Engineering Sciences sub-group (EES)? That's the one I applied to.

Here's a reminder about the sub-groups:

https://cee.stanford.edu/admissions/masters-program

I too would like to know more about the situation for the Stanford M.S. admissions as well.  I personally applied to the Environmental & Engineering Sciences sub-group (EES) too.

It seems that the letters occur on Tuesdays?  I compared dates with last years as well and the match.  Congrats to those that have been admitted!

I too would like to know more about the situation for the Stanford M.S. admissions as well.  I personally applied to the Environmental & Engineering Sciences sub-group (EES) too.

It seems that the letters occur on Tuesdays?  I compared dates with last years as well and the match.  Congrats to those that have been admitted!

Think there's any point in asking admissions if the EES sub-group has sent out their first round of invites yet?

Speaking from experience, Stanford sends their responses back notoriously late.  Which I always thought was ridiculous since they were one of the first applications due.

True...to be fair, they probably do get a fair amount more applications than programs with less name recognition. I still wish they made decisions faster, but I'm not holding out much hope for Stanford in particular anyway.

Think there's any point in asking admissions if the EES sub-group has sent out their first round of invites yet?

An email wouldn't hurt.  You can try and ask for the people here :)