Fall 2015 Civil and Environmental Engineering

jacket24

Has any PhD- Environmental Engineering applicant heard back from Vanderbilt, UCLA and Northwestern ? 
Its been such a long wait and they haven't even given conclusive replies to my emails. I have a fully funded PhD offer from Rutgers whose acceptance has to be notified by April 4 ! 

We're getting very close to the finish line...29 days until final decisions are due. Hoping for good news this week.

I contacted university of washington. They said April 15 is the deadline for acceptences with funding only.

So,after April 15 there will be some offers but without funding.

Hi,

I have been accepted to UT Austin.

In my application I mentioned that :

Initial degree you will seek : Masters

Ultimate degree you will seek in your selected major: Doctoral

In my acceptance letter, it is just mentioned that "I am pleased to inform you that you have been admitted to the Graduate School of The University of Texas at Austin for advanced study in civil engineering".

Could anyone clarify whether it is for masters or for phd?

I have not received any funding decision yet. How much chance do you think I have to get some kind of scholarship? Is there any need-based scholarship/aid for international students?

Thanks.

Those decisions are program-specific. In my case (structural engineering and geomechanics) they said they are working on it, and that I should call back in a few days to check again.

I'm so tired of waiting for my last three schools. UT Austin was one of my top choices, but I don't think it bodes well that the program has not sent a decision yet (I applied December 6th) and the graduate coordinator hasn't answered any calls in the last three days. It looks like I'll be heading to UIUC!

I'm so tired of waiting for my last three schools. UT Austin was one of my top choices, but I don't think it bodes well that the program has not sent a decision yet (I applied December 6th) and the graduate coordinator hasn't answered any calls in the last three days. It looks like I'll be heading to UIUC!

I called UT Austin yesterday and they told me they expect to have all decisions by the end of next week. UC Berkeley said that they expect to finish making decisions this week, and that I should be getting an email sometime next week.

To the previous post. If you are an international applicant, the deadline for decision is May 15 (extremely weird). I asked about my status by e-mail, and was given such reply. But, I applied for MS, so maybe for PhD there is another date.

Hi, I wish to get some insights from you guys, I was admitted by Purdue, Georgia Tech, Ohio State and UWashington Seattle for MS program in Civil Engineering (Environmental), since I didn't get any fundings yet, and the programs' rankings aren't very far away, I'm really having a hard time deciding where to go, Seattle is a good place but they put me on non-thesis track so it might not be my best interest.

I really hope to get some more fresh perspective from you, so, any help regarding the school or the city, etc would be greatly appreciated!

Hello everyone,

Has anybody heard from NCSU or University of Missouri for PhD in the field of transportation? If you have been notified, please let me know the date that you submitted your application. I really appreciate if U could respond my post.

Thanks

Ashkan

Hello everyone,

Has anybody heard from NCSU or University of Missouri for PhD in the field of transportation? If you have been notified, please let me know the date that you submitted your application. I really appreciate if U could respond my post.

Thanks

Ashkan

Dear Ashkan i applied for the master's ;however, i think i should respond you as i submitted my application for both of the mentioned universities. I submitted for the Missou on 30th January ,and 26th of January for NCSU. Missou sent my admission two weeks later, but North Carolina did not offer admission and rejected me.

I'll be heading to the University of Illinois in Urbana Champaign. It was a tough decision between there and Virginia Tech though!

Has anyone heard from UW-Madison (Structural, Masters) ?

Is there any chance to find funding after first decisions are made without any type of support?

Edited by maltebrigge

Has anyone heard from UW-Madison (Structural, Masters) ?

Is there any chance to find funding after first decisions are made without any type of support?

I got a rejection from them 3 weeks ago.

Iceiceice,

As I understand, the offer letter means that you will be admitted as the Master student (normally without funding support from university). Then after the MS, you must find the poi to support funding for your PhD or apply the PhD program in somewhere else. If you have not received any funding decision yet, it is probably that you are admitted to the MS without fund support 

Edited by kida2cva