Should SoPs be different for terminal MS and MEng programs?

Hey guys,

I've read a lot about how the admissions committee is comprised of professors who care about 1 thing: your ability to help them do research. If you're applying to a terminal MS or a MEng program, where there is clearly no option of thesis or research work unless you apply for the PhD program, should the SoP still highlight research? Do you think the committee more looks at it as whether this candidate can complete this program or not? Seeing how most MEng programs are 1 year, it seems unlikely you'd even really get much interaction with the professors, so I'm not sure what they could be looking for when they read your SoP.

Thanks!

Btw, I'm applying for comp sci if that matters. 

I wouldn't stress research as much (maybe project work or internship if applicable) but that isn't to say you shouldn't mention your research experience. The biggest thing you have to convey in any SoP is why the particular program you're applying to would help you achieve your academic and professional goals and what you would be bringing to the table. There are many ways to do this so don't stress if you have some research experience - it won't really work against you. Also if you know the sort of coursework you would be taking in the program and you have been exposed to similar work or prerequisite work, you could mention how your previous class experience would help you succeed in the program. Good luck with your applications.