2015 Admissions General

Last year there were separate threads for profiles and general admissions waiting/chatting so here is this year's thread for the latter.

Just heard back from University of Michigan Biostatistics department with an admission to their Masters and funding to be decided in March. How is everyone else doing?

Edited by CommonerCoffee

Got an email from UNC.  Accepted to their PhD Biostatistics program, no word on funding yet, pretty surprised but excited.

Congratulations, I have not heard from UNC one way or the other.

University of Washington Biostatistics came out on this Friday last year.

Edited by Bespoke

Thank you! Definitely getting a bit more worried about things in general after that result. It seems like Harvard Biostatistics PhD offered someone an interview from the results search. Anyone here got that email? 

Hey I didn't get an email from Harvard probably cuz I am an international (or just simply not good enough for them). I know that internationals are on a different schedule.that's the only biostats program I've applied tho the rest is all stats

Just a reminder for everyone to keep their phones near them. Missed a phone call from an admissions person in University of Minnesota at first and then called back to learn that I got accepted there. Really awesome guy. 

Thus far that doesn't look like much for statistics. What's weird is that only one school on my list (Purdue) out of 17 says my application is "Under Review." Not sure if some things just aren't updated or what. It's making me a little anxious haha.

Just got the call from Minnesota too, congrats CommonerCoffee!

I got a rejection from Washington yesterday (sorry I can't help those of you on the waitlist!) but I did get the interview/open house email from Harvard last Friday. Like you guys suspected the open house is only domestic students, so international applicants don't need to worry about not getting that email.

Great news jd24! Interview invitation from harvard sounds promising. I applied to harvard biostats too, but not too sure when they will start processing international applications. all the best with the interview and let us know how it goes.

Just got the call from Minnesota too, congrats CommonerCoffee!

I got a rejection from Washington yesterday (sorry I can't help those of you on the waitlist!) but I did get the interview/open house email from Harvard last Friday. Like you guys suspected the open house is only domestic students, so international applicants don't need to worry about not getting that email.

Thanks! Also, I didn't get that Harvard Biostat email and I'm a domestic student. Do you know if Harvard is only considering students they sent that email to? 

Not necessarily CommonerCoffee. I came across this post

In previous years, Harvard invited a batch of applicants to their recruiting event (which has already happened this year), and then made some very late offers (to people who were not invited) in the first two weeks of April. So, not getting an invite to the recruiting event doesn't necessarily mean you've been rejected; you could just be on the waitlist.