Application Horror Stories

Munashi

I saw the following on reddit today:

Reddit, TIFU

Like 5 minutes ago

I am applying to grad school this year, mostly schools in Europe. I had emailed the admissions coordinator of a place asking if they would accept electronic transcripts. She replied today morning saying they don't, and I would have to send a paper copy by post. I started composing a reply, saying thank you and that I would arrange for a copy to be sent ASAP.

My friend also sent me an email this morning, with pictures of his holiday in Thailand, and asking me if I could check his apartment if it hasn't been robbed and everything's still there (WTF?) I decided to a send him a reply too.

You can see where this is going. There was a mix up.

I sent my grad school admissions coordination "bitch you be trippin balls, I aint gonna do none of that shit"

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/tifu/comments/2re0is/tifu_by_inadvertently_sending_an_offensive_email/

Since it was amusing (and unfortunate), I thought I'd ask any other application survivors to share application horror stories.  Did you/the involved parties survive the event?