MSc Epidemiology: Seeking advise on statement of interest

cosmiccat

Hi everyone,

I am applying for a MSc in Epidemiology (I have a Bachelors of Biology), and one of the open ended questions I am required to answer involves what my career/educational objectives after the program are. I am a little uncertain about this myself, so am wondering how best to answer this question. I am applying for epidemiology with idea of “potentially” applying to medical school thereafter (and anticipate incorporating my epidemiological skills according, etc), but I cannot say with certainty that I will be doing so, and I imagine what the Epidemiology program is looking for is someone with a concrete and certain future path.

I am wondering, 1) Would it be appropriate (or smart) to write about my aspirations of going to medical school, or would I be better off to just stick with taking the academic route in my letter of intent, and 2) Am I right in assuming that I ought to convey certainty in my goals, or would it be smart to include that I am open to possibilities?

Thanks!!