Fall 2015 Acceptances (and Rejections) Thread

Anonymona

I've never felt more anxious about anything in my life. Last semester I wrote my thesis and with my grad apps time went by very quickly. Granted, this semester has just started but it feels like I can't go on with my life until I get accepted somewhere. Anyone else have similar sentiments?

I know, things could be a lot worse!!

I've never felt more anxious about anything in my life. Last semester I wrote my thesis and with my grad apps time went by very quickly. Granted, this semester has just started but it feels like I can't go on with my life until I get accepted somewhere. Anyone else have similar sentiments?

Exactly same feeling…

Are most of you applying for Masters admissions or PhD?  I'm just a friendly, helpful board stalker, my husband has apps out for his PhD.

I think most of the posters are PhD candidates....(myself included)  I could be wrong...I'm a lowly lurker most of the time.

Edited by busybeinganxious

Are most of you applying for Masters admissions or PhD?  I'm just a friendly, helpful board stalker, my husband has apps out for his PhD.

there's only a few master sociology program in the US, so sad

I'm starting to freak out about the fact that I didn't apply to many safety schools. My advisors were trash talking a lot of the safety schools I was considering and told me I wouldn't be able to get a job if I went there, so I just didn't bother applying... Now I'm worried I was too overconfident.

I saw an Emory rejection for Sociology on the results page today... I was supposed to hear back from Emory's Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies department yesterday. I'm assuming no news at this point is bad news? Their email said we'd hear back around January 13th or 14th, though. Ugh even if I was rejected, I just want to know! The waiting game is so hard.

(Edit: Also, is it okay if I update on Women's Studies, since there's no separate forum for it and it's pretty closely related to Sociology? Did anyone else apply to both types of programs like I did?)

Edited by juiceboxrampage

I'm starting to freak out about the fact that I didn't apply to many safety schools. My advisors were trash talking a lot of the safety schools I was considering and told me I wouldn't be able to get a job if I went there, so I just didn't bother applying... Now I'm worried I was too overconfident.

I saw an Emory rejection for Sociology on the results page today... I was supposed to hear back from Emory's Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies department yesterday. I'm assuming no news at this point is bad news? Their email said we'd hear back around January 13th or 14th, though. Ugh even if I was rejected, I just want to know! The waiting game is so hard.

(Edit: Also, is it okay if I update on Women's Studies, since there's no separate forum for it and it's pretty closely related to Sociology? Did anyone else apply to both types of programs like I did?)

Hey we live in the same town, and I am assuming that we go to the same school.. Private messaging you.

Hey juicebox: there's a really big thread under "Interdisciplinary Studies" about women's studies programs/applicants/decisions and whatnot. It may be helpful if you're trying to find out what's going on with decisions specific to those programs!

Hey all, I just got into UCLA. I'm so excited - my excitement matches my level of anxiety over the past few months. Holy wow.

I'm trying to stay off GradCafe for the most part (so as not to feed my anxiety...), but PM me if you have any questions.

Got into OSU! Woo! Feel free to message me with any questions! 

Has anyone who's gotten in anywhere heard anything about funding? You don't have to say what you got, just curious if your funding package was included in your letter. Mine wasn't, but I'm trying to call now to figure it out.

I feel the same way and my boyfriend keeps laughing at me because of my mental state right now... glad to know I'm not alone! 

my friend applied to women studies at Emory and she hasn't heard back either. I heard that they have been really busy and will be sending out e-mails either tomorrow or Monday!!!

Got an acceptance e-mail from the University of Minnesota today! Funding, formal acceptance letter, and other information should arrive next week.

Awesome! congrats!! did you apply to any clusters at Northwestern??