Fall 2015 Acceptances (and Rejections) Thread

Anonymona

The only programs that do interviews are Notre Dame, Emory, Vanderbilt, Rice, and maybe a couple more outside of the top 40. If you applied to one of those programs, and you haven't received an invitation to their interview weekend via email, you are most likely not being considered for a spot. I can confirm that Emory have sent out all of their invitations as of last week. I'm pretty certain Notre Dame has also. Not sure about the rest.

Edited by electric_burrito

hey everyone—been peepin this page for a while & thought i would join. hope everyone is holding up okay and congratulations to all yall that got in! :)

@ritsukot74 i was the UIUC acceptance. i haven't heard anything about UIC, but i didn't apply there tho. hopefully you hear soon!

Congrats!!! I hope to hear back from then soon! Did they send you any info on funding?

Many of my applications were due on jan 15th... Do we have an idea of what the turn around time for decisions will be? Its only been a week but I am super anxious! I've been lurking on this page non-stop & keep checking my e-mail lol!

Edited by Cbjackson

Many of my applications were due on jan 15th... Do we have an idea of what the turn around time for decisions will be? Its only been a week but I am super anxious! I've been lurking on this page non-stop & keep checking my e-mail lol!

I feel you... I have this page and the admissions results one bookmarked on my phone... Anyways, expect to hear back from the January 15th apps no sooner than the end of February. Maaaaaybe 2nd or 3rd week if they don't have a lot of applicants, but yeah, late Feb beginning of March is when they usually have them (I called most of the programs and that's what they said). 

I feel you... I have this page and the admissions results one bookmarked on my phone... Anyways, expect to hear back from the January 15th apps no sooner than the end of February. Maaaaaybe 2nd or 3rd week if they don't have a lot of applicants, but yeah, late Feb beginning of March is when they usually have them (I called most of the programs and that's what they said).

Ahh okay good to know! In a bitter-sweet kind of way. Lol the anticipation is too much. Best of luck :)

I had skype interview with Charles Kurzman, director of graduate studies at UNC at Chapel Hill, yesterday.

I guess this is because I'm international student. 

He said decision will be made by the end of this week or next week!

I haven't heard from chapel hill. Applied to UIUC havent heard back and getting nervious, I really wanted to go there.

I know UI-Chicago is doing rolling admissions, so maybe UIUC too??

I don't like interview

I don because it allows professor the opportunity to ACTUALLY get to know the applicants. SOPs are so restrictive, and grades and GRE scores are oftentimes misleading.