Fall 2015 Acceptances (and Rejections) Thread

Anonymona

I was enrolled in a class at cuny in Falll and live in NYC so stopped by the dept office yesterday and was told that the ad comm has met and that decisions for 1st round of admits (at least) should be going out this week or next. I wasn't among those admits received so far (!), but haven't heard any other decision yet either.

I'm in the same boat -- thank you for this!

I haven't heard anything either. The department told me via e-mail that everyone would be notified by Friday. Although, in the past I've languished on the waitlist there until May. Fun!

Thanks for the update! Well I guess I am ready to see my rejection letter this Friday lol.

I was enrolled in a class at cuny in Falll and live in NYC so stopped by the dept office yesterday and was told that the ad comm has met and that decisions for 1st round of admits (at least) should be going out this week or next. I wasn't among those admits received so far (!), but haven't heard any other decision yet either.

So many thanks for this! There may be a glimmer of hope yet. Good luck to us all  :)

Congrats to everyone who got accepted to CU! I went there for my undergrad degree, so feel free to ask me questions about professors or the department or anything. I'll also be posting in the city guide about Boulder.

Do you have any good info on Ft Collins (Colo State) too!?  Very cool though, I actually didn't realize there was a city guide on these forums.  How helpful! :)

It's very quiet today. 

Your comment reminded me of this dialogue from the Simpsons which immediately got stuck in my head. I actually had to Google it.

Beekeeper 1: Well, sure is quiet in here today.
Beekeeper 2: Yes, a little too quiet, if you know what I mean.
Beekeeper 1: Hmm... I'm afraid I don't.
Beekeeper 2: You see, bees usually make a lot of noise. No noise - suggests no bees!
Beekeeper 1: Oh, I understand now. [a bee flies by]
Beekeeper 1: Oh look, there goes one now.
Beekeeper 2: To the Beemobile!
Beekeeper 1: You mean your Chevy?
Beekeeper 2: [pause] Yes.

Hey everyone, is it fair to assume that UCLA has sent out all their acceptances? 

I think, until everyone receives rejections then no, I believe there could be more acceptances.  Schools tend to have official and/or unofficial wait lists.  Hang in there!

Edited by Quorra

Your comment reminded me of this dialogue from the Simpsons which immediately got stuck in my head. I actually had to Google it.

Beekeeper 1: Well, sure is quiet in here today.
Beekeeper 2: Yes, a little too quiet, if you know what I mean.
Beekeeper 1: Hmm... I'm afraid I don't.
Beekeeper 2: You see, bees usually make a lot of noise. No noise - suggests no bees!
Beekeeper 1: Oh, I understand now. [a bee flies by]
Beekeeper 1: Oh look, there goes one now.
Beekeeper 2: To the Beemobile!
Beekeeper 1: You mean your Chevy?
Beekeeper 2: [pause] Yes.

Haha. Waiting for admission decisions is the tenth circle of Dante's Inferno. 

Can anyone claim the Kentucky invitation? I got one, too, and will be attending. 

Hello sociology1!  I got a Kentucky invitation but am not sure if I will attend.  

Accepted (2/12)  University of Cincinnati, Vanderbilt University

Interview (1/12)  University of Kentucky

Waitlisted (0/12)

Rejected (0/12):

Good news: I finally got a hold of Michigan!!

Bad news: They are not going to send out notifications until early next week, since they're waiting on funding approvals.

Yay even more waiting...

Edit: Ah, you beat me to it! I should have checked this thread before I called.

Edited by juiceboxrampage

Called Michigan and talked to grad coordinator. She told me they are just waiting on funding information and will have decisions early next week... So, looks like more waiting.

Why can't they just tell us if we are rejected at least I'm sure they know that much!

Hello sociology1!  I got a Kentucky invitation but am not sure if I will attend.  

Accepted (2/12)  University of Cincinnati, Vanderbilt University

Interview (1/12)  University of Kentucky

Waitlisted (0/12)

Rejected (0/12):

Congratulations on your acceptances! I also applied to the university of Cincinnati and am anxious to hear back from them. Do you mind telling me about your acceptance? Did you get an email? Was there funding info included? I contacted the department a day or so ago and was told that they are still making final decisions. 

Edited by sociology1

Called Michigan and talked to grad coordinator. She told me they are just waiting on funding information and will have decisions early next week... So, looks like more waiting.

Thanks for calling! I walk by the department every day -- let me know if I need to go chat with them in person. ;-)