Fall 2015 Acceptances (and Rejections) Thread

Anonymona

Got into OSU! Woo! Feel free to message me with any questions! 

Has anyone who's gotten in anywhere heard anything about funding? You don't have to say what you got, just curious if your funding package was included in your letter. Mine wasn't, but I'm trying to call now to figure it out.

I received an offer of admission to UT- Austin today which included funding information. Schools are different; I'm sure that you'll be forwarded funding info shortly. Congrats on your acceptance to OSU!

To all: feel free to PM with any questions! 

has anyone been admitted WITHOUT being asked to do a skype interview/in person interview? getting kind of anxious... (the theme of the next few weeks :P)

Yes, I received an offer of admission from Texas on Friday without an interview. As @anna_m pointed out, many universities don't interview :)

Congrats everyone who got an acceptance and all the best to those who are still waiting! Received an email a few days ago from Boston College asking me to confirm my phone numbers. Anyone else here got a similar email? Was wondering whether I should read deeper into it.

Thanks!

I probably wouldn't worry much at all about it. We're still quite early in the admissions reporting cycle.

Agreed. I'd say most places haven't sent anything out yet. It seems like, at least to generalize roughly, that decisions come in waves by region (so Southern US/some Midwest, then most UCs, then more Northern/West places and miscellaneous schools). That's my general take on the results search trends from previous years.

Thanks! I did apply to a cluster at Northwestern. There were 3 that I was really interested in so I had a tough time making a choice. How about you?

Yeah! I applied to the Critical Theory cluster. Fingers crossed!!! 

Should I concerned if I haven't anything back from any of my colleges? Not even interviews?

Very few schools have sent out e-mails so far. I wouldn't worry about it until the beginning of February, then I'll start to freak out, but only about the schools that had an early admission (Jan Dec 1st - 15th). 

Has anyone heard back from UC Santa Barbara??? They had a super early application deadline (Jan Dec 1st). 

Edit: I meant to say December every time I said January. 

Edited by ritsukot74

Very few schools have sent out e-mails so far. I wouldn't worry about it until the beginning of February, then I'll start to freak out, but only about the schools that had an early admission (Jan 1st - 15th). 

Has anyone heard back from UC Santa Barbara??? They had a super early application deadline (Jan 1st). 

UCSB was December 1st

Ahhh all this UCSB talk makes me think they received a gazillion applications again this year. It looks like they typically notify people toward the last week of Jan/first week of Feb, so no need to freak out just yet. 

That really sucks... I was hoping for at least one early notification...