That fake out moment!

Read_books

The preview on my phone said "Dear Musicalmathematician, a final decision on your application..." :D

I open the email and find out that the rest is "...will be available soon." :mellow:

WTH?? Why would anyone do this?!? I wonder if they really get a joy out of doing something like this?

The preview on my phone said "Dear Musicalmathematician, a final decision on your application..." :D

I open the email and find out that the rest is "...will be available soon." :mellow:

Here's an amazing fake out moment:

Subject line: Admissions Office - Additional Documents requested

My initial reaction was "holy mackerel, they are considering me for admission so they are requesting me to send official sealed transcript copies!!" of some sort. Turns out, it was just an email notifying me that they (one of the schools I applied to) received my recent FAFSA application (I applied for it in case funding doesn't work out for some schools I applied to), and that I may need to provide additional documents later in April. Blargh... 

Got an email from "Graduate Admissions and Funding 2015-16"... asking me to complete a survey.

WOW. Just wow... They must secretly enjoy sending out these fake-out emails. Be clear with subject lines, people! How evil they can be blows my mind.

Edited by visgiven

Here is an amazing fake out moment, I check the mail before my trip last week and notice a little package pull it out has a school label I start freaking out, this is it finally! Open if luggage tag falls out I am really going crazy now, inside is also a very nice notebook. With a card that says thanks for being an applicant if you need anything please don't hesitate to contact us.

AHHHHH

Graduate Application Status

The University of Southern California is pleased to offer you the ability to receive online messages regarding the status of your application.

--

...really?!

Are you kidding me?! That's one of the worst ones in here. By the way, there are a LOT of posts here. So evil.

I just emailed the director of a program to ask her for an update on my status and I was surprised to see an email from her so quickly after... turned out to be an auto-reply; I forgot they're on spring break this week! Guhhh...

I just emailed the director of a program to ask her for an update on my status and I was surprised to see an email from her so quickly after... turned out to be an auto-reply; I forgot they're on spring break this week! Guhhh...

Well after reading your post I decided to shoot my admission officer a mail too, and just like you I got an instant automated reply reminding me of the semester break and asking me to wait till Thursday(at the earliest before I get a response).

At least, that should keep me sane for a few days yet.

• 2 weeks later...

"The University of xxxx is pleased to offer you....

...the ability to receive online messages regarding the status of your application decision."

How kind and generous, thank you for the email.  :wacko: 

Edited by mb712

Got another one of those random emails from schools because of the GRE. This one didn't have its name in the subject or sender name... it was just from The Graduate School. The subject actually had nothing to do with admissions, but it's been a while since I got a fake out email and I got really excited for a moment.