Hey guys

I'm writing my SOP and it'd be great if y'all could tell me what this sentence sounds like. Should i go with it or no? ( Im trying to weave in my academic performance after talking about my undergrad project)  :P

"One of the key contributors to the successful execution of this project was my undergraduate academic performance. Having gained a firm grasp of both fundamental and advanced concepts-as indicated by my high performance- I could easily understand and discuss research works to identify research problems, and attempt to solve them."

Thanks a lot!  :) 

Straight up: it sounds cocky.

Also repetitive.

Specifically "research works to identify research problems" and "academic performance.....as indicated by my high academic performance.." 

It also sounds like a key to your success was not your high performance per se, but the things your alma mater, its classes, and its teachers, taught you

Genuinely, good for you for kicking butt in your undergrad. It will be apparent from your other materials without needing to restate it in the SOP though I think.