U Washington Evans

Wozezeka

Sorry to spam the thread, but I just had a conversation with Barry from the admissions office and wanted update everyone.

I emailed Barry and got a very detailed response in less than two hours. He also returned a call I had placed to him, and wanted to speak to me directly even though he already responded to my email. He let me know that since there was no mention of funding in my acceptance email, that meant that I was not awarded any funding. He did give me a lot of information regarding assistantships, fellowships, etc...

I just want to take a second and acknowledge how great Barry is. Even though I wasn't awarded any funding, he took the time to reply to me via phone and email. Not only did he reply quickly (even though he's probably very busy this time of year), but he was extremely helpful and friendly. That's the second time I've talked to Barry and the second time I've been blown away with how awesome he is. I've had the opposite experience with several other schools, where calls simply go unreturned and if you actually reach someone, you're treated like a burden rather than a potential student. I know it doesn't have a lot to do with the education I'd receive at UW, but dealing with someone like Barry really gives me positive feelings about Evans.

Sorry to spam the thread, but I just had a conversation with Barry from the admissions office and wanted update everyone.

I emailed Barry and got a very detailed response in less than two hours. He also returned a call I had placed to him, and wanted to speak to me directly even though he already responded to my email. He let me know that since there was no mention of funding in my acceptance email, that meant that I was not awarded any funding. He did give me a lot of information regarding assistantships, fellowships, etc...

I just want to take a second and acknowledge how great Barry is. Even though I wasn't awarded any funding, he took the time to reply to me via phone and email. Not only did he reply quickly (even though he's probably very busy this time of year), but he was extremely helpful and friendly. That's the second time I've talked to Barry and the second time I've been blown away with how awesome he is. I've had the opposite experience with several other schools, where calls simply go unreturned and if you actually reach someone, you're treated like a burden rather than a potential student. I know it doesn't have a lot to do with the education I'd receive at UW, but dealing with someone like Barry really gives me positive feelings about Evans.

I'd like to mirror this sentiment. I first contacted him a few months before applying and he really took the time to explain the program to me and answer every question I had for him. Overall, he was very patient and informative. Speaking with him was my first contact with Evans School, and I had the same thought: If he is any indication of how the school is managed, I'll be even more excited for the next two years.

It's interesting looking at threads from a few years ago, where it appears Evans was one of the last schools to send out acceptances (not the case this year) and one of the schools to offer the least amount of funding. At least in terms of communication with students, it seems they have made improvements.

• 2 weeks later...

I also received an acceptance to the Evans school but I didn't get any funding information either. I also reached out to the school and didn't receive a response. You would think they'd put in a FAQ or something since it seems like they are getting a lot of questions... 

Thanks MJA87 for the info.

Best of luck everyone.